Kala Kolohe's June 14th Opponent...

Kala Kolohe's opponent is 6'3" 10W-4L Bubba "The Menace" McDaniel of Oklahoma. McDaniel is pretty tough and has a lot more experience than Kala's previous planned opponent, Geoff Bumstead (out with staph infection). Bubba has fought in big title fights for KOTC and has a ton of submission wins. This will be a tough test for Kala Kolohe.

Sure does not look like a "Bubba", and why are you up so late Mr. Freitas!?

PS. good to hear that you guys were able to find him a replacement! i thought he was going to be scratched from the card.

Kala all the way!

SubDudewitaTude - Sure does not look like a "Bubba", and why are you up so late Mr. Freitas!?

after a late night tekkadon at aki no no, i dropped this thread and went straight to bed. cuz thats how i roll.

gee lucky for the fans.. get to see another tomato can whoopin. Its like Alexio and the 90's all over again..

PatrickFreitas -
SubDudewitaTude - Sure does not look like a "Bubba", and why are you up so late Mr. Freitas!?

after a late night tekkadon at aki no no, i dropped this thread and went straight to bed. cuz thats how i roll.

i can vouch that it was stressful there last night. i shudda killed him pat.

and by "killed" i mean clock choked him from the triple armbar position.

mad tiger - gee lucky for the fans.. get to see another tomato can whoopin. Its like Alexio and the 90's all over again..

just because you haven't heard of the guy doesnt mean he's a can. McDaniel is tough. he's going to have a huge advantage if the fight goes to the ground. he's fought twice as much as Kala and has nearly twice the wins. he's friggin huge at 6'3" compared to Kala's tippy-toes 5'9". i think this may be a tough challenge for the icon champ.

i'm just happy we get to see him fight. rather than staring into at an empty ring. feel me?!

BUBBA is a badass! Hes got this! TEXA$ baby!

Square Saltine - He definately doesnt look special on paper at least...>

10-4 doesnt look good on paper?

^two problems with your research. 

1) you are looking at their current records.  you gotta look at their records when they fought to get a fair assesment.  there's a big difference between fighting an opponent early in their career rather than later.  guys lose at the end of their careers...so if Bubba fought a guy early on, its unfair to count later losses against Bubba.  also, if Bubba beat the guy AND you are using your method of applying the current record, you are using Bubba's own victory against him to prove your argument that the opponents arent quality.  gotta use the records of the opponents WHEN they fought.

2) you are only looking up "Bubba McDaniel."  he's double listed as "Robert McDaniel," so you are missing stuff

win over 3-3 York Ash

loss to 2-4 Horace Spencer

win over 0-0 Robert Kimes

win over 0-0 Allan McGuire

win over 0-0 Jeff McConnell

loss to 2-0 TUF fighter Gerald Harris

win over 4-0 Craig Cobb

win over 16-13 Brandon McDowell

win over 0-0 Cody Malicot

win over 1-0 Mike Queen

win over 1-0 Blake Norsworthy

loss to 9-7 KOTC champ Dan Molina

loss to 14-6 KOTC champ Tom Jones

win over 3-0 Alex Cisne

combined records of opponents WHEN he fought them was: 

55-33.

bottom line...he has mostly fought guys who had BETTER records than him when he fought them.  he stepped up to "better" guys and has mostly won.

also...

at 55-33, Bubba's opponents have an average 62% win rate

at 19-13, Kala's opponents hav an average 59% win rate.

= Bubba's opponents have better records than Kala's, on average. 

Ugh!

....is dead meat!

yes...i'm a geek.

Square Saltine -  He definately doesnt look special on paper at least, neither did bumstead.  Maybe in person theyre good, but arent there more exciting matchups out there?  Hell id rather see Mark Kurano, Niko, or even old ass Egan fighting Kala.

I think "old ass" Egan would beat Kala right now (granted he doesn't Enson out and go swinging with Kala). Egan's in better shape than most 20 yr olds. Couple that with Egan's experience and I think he takes Kala off his game and subs him.

I think Kala wins. Egan won't be in better shape and won't sub Kala. Kala wins by TKO.