Kamal Shalorus only eats once a day!

frontrowbrian -  interesting... I've done it at times.. I'm not athlete but it didn't seem to bother me only eating one good sized meal a day. Felt normal. Lost a few pounds but nothing drastic.

What are the drawbacks?

For one, it causes a drop in your basal metabolic rate (the rate at which you burn calories while doing nothing). You body thinks it is being starved 23 hours a day so it ramps down your caloric expenditure accordingly. It is a far better idea to take in the same amount of calories in a bunch of tiny meals rather than one gigantic meal.

Some of you guys but be some seriously fat motherfuckers if you think thats so crazy....im baffled as to what the problem is?

Im guessing theres too many all you can eat buffets round your way?

I am very interested to see if Hardonk has managed to instill a more disciplined striking style in Kamal or if he reverts to his old stand and trade ways once the bell rings.

People have seen Walker pigging the F out at catered events.

LOL @ one big soup bowl and salad per day.

Might as well claim to be breathanarian.

one meal a day on this type of diet really should be called eating window,as in you eat to full capacity for 3-4 hours at night

So he eats about 3,000 calories or more in one sitting? Respek!

Steve4192 - 
frontrowbrian -  interesting... I've done it at times.. I'm not athlete but it didn't seem to bother me only eating one good sized meal a day. Felt normal. Lost a few pounds but nothing drastic.

What are the drawbacks?

For one, it causes a drop in your basal metabolic rate (the rate at which you burn calories while doing nothing). You body thinks it is being starved 23 hours a day so it ramps down your caloric expenditure accordingly. It is a far better idea to take in the same amount of calories in a bunch of tiny meals rather than one gigantic meal.

Recent research says this may not be so........

Check back in ten years for the next 'diet science'.

^ Link to recent research? And I believe you, btw.

For most of my 20s and half of my 30s i ate this way 90% of the time and was fine. In my late 30s my metabolism changed so i had to change what i did. It was actually hard to learn to eat all the time & have to really pay attention to what & when i ate. Phone Post

Is there any real science to this claim?. It doesn't take a genious to realize that your body can only use so many calories in one sitting and the rest will be stored as fat or removed. It's also common knowledge that starving yourself puts you in a catabolic state. I do not recommend this diet.

ttt for a link

chris80cent -
Melvinator86 - He rocking that third world country diet Phone Post

Lol Phone Post

lmao I didn't see that post. Phone Post

The "common knowledge" about fat storage modes and eating 6 meals to keep your metabolism up are not supported by the science. A shitload of very lean motherfuckers eat 1-3 meals per day.

Some light reading on meal frequency with references and criticisms of specific scientific studies:
http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Meal%20Frequency

What is bro science Phone Post

ttt Phone Post

If you mix 23 hour fasting with ephedrine your on to a fat burning winner to get shredded, as for strength lose none of my numbers at the gym went down over a six month period whilst fasting. I also read somewhere that fasting has been linked to resetting your metabolic rate. After six months of fasting I'm now on a bulk diet eating 600 cal meals 5 times a day, and I'm only putting on about half a pound a week, so for me fasting didn't screw up my metabolism. Phone Post

why not just spread the 3,000 calories a day over 4 meals and a few snacks before and after training.

Props to him.. but i gotta have supplements and food throught the day .fruit..nuts etc.

^because eating more than three meals a day isn't practical fora lot of people and most people will over eat with this method.

I'm 205 6'3 and I have to eat about 4 meals a day or my stomach starts to hurt and I can't sleep.

Does he only eat salad, soup and bread for his one meal like Herschel?