Kampmann a better fight for GSP?

I was just thinking about it and wondering if you would rather see Kampmann fight GSP, rather than Shields... for entertainment purposes. I would. Even Kampmann couldn't match him in the wrestling department, well neither can anyone.
Kampmann is 10X the striker of Shileds and it's arguable a better striker than GSP. His ground is very nice as well, again arguable just as good or better than GSP.

So, what do you think?

I would like to see this fight....i have a feeeling we may soon enough.

Daley beat Kampmann
KOS beat Daley
GSP raped KOS
=

no.

aKaBeasTTT - Daley beat Kampmann
KOS beat Daley
GSP raped KOS
=

no.

and MMA math is for noobs.. = you

1. Kampmann is nowhere near a good enough wrestler to keep GSP from taking him down.

2. Once GSP gets on top of you, you lose.

= No.

aKaBeasTTT - Daley beat Kampmann
KOS beat Daley
GSP raped KOS
=

no.

Hughes beat GSP
GSP beat Hughes
Serra beat GSP
GSP beat Hughes
GSP beat Serra
Hughes beat Serra

wait, what?

GodSaveTheQueen - Kampmann isn't mature enough as a fighter yet to be much of a challenge for GSP but he does have a skillset which could give him major problems one day.

this,

im a fan of Kampmann, but i dont think he is ready yet to beat GSP. in a few years time though i think he could give GSP serious trouble.

I'm not calling mma math for my logic. I'm simply stating that Kampmann is not better than KOS or Shields.

would he be a better fight? No... could it be more entertaining,, yes,, possibly.

yes, i would like to see them fight... i would also like to see Lytle fight GSP.. jst to see how the fights go down.

in all cases, GSP would likely dominate,, but i'd still like to see them happen.

While GSP likely works any WW in the world at this point, the Kampmann fight would probably be more entertaining than the Shields fight.

I'm not ready to write off Shields because almost everyone wrote him off against Henderson and look how that turned out. But if things go as they should, GSP stuffs all the single legs of Shields and picks him apart on the feet.

Kampmann can hang with GSP on the feet, although I'd still favor GSP. And even though GSP would likely take him down at will, Kampmann is willing to open up and take chances off his back.

GSP is gonna pick Shields apart from the outside. kickboxing clinic imo. I actually think this is gonna be the fight he finally finishes his opponent, gonna look similar to the Hughes rematch.

Daverr - 
Kampmann is 10X the striker of Shileds and it's arguable a better striker than GSP. His ground is very nice as well, again arguable just as good or better than GSP.

2/10

try again troll

It happened once already. GSP met a better striker in Serra, and got knocked out. It will happen again. Or maybe someone like Shields who's submissions are better than Hughes, submits him. Its a matter of time. GSP is beatable, and exciting.

I had Kampmann over Shields in their fight--and if not then a draw. Shields definitely didn't dominate Kampmann, and for all his "octogan control" Hendo came a lot closer to finishing their fight than shields. I think someone with a Muay Thai base has the best chance against GSP--and that definitely isn't Shields. Phone Post

NO. You don't throw someone with no ground game to GSP and hope it's a competitive match. GSP will just dominate and everyone's going to complain about how he's scared to strike.

GSP needs to face well-rounded fighters. At the moment, the best match-up for him is Fitch. He's the only one who could give GSP a run for his money, except that Georges is slightly better everywhere. This fight with Shields should be good though, GSP will KO him standing.

p4pSilvaReemAldo -  I think someone with a Muay Thai base has the best chance against GSP--and that definitely isn't Shields. Phone Post

How about one better, a good Muay Thai striker and also a BJJ brown belt to deal with GSP on the ground. And to make it even more of a challenge for GSP, let's make this imaginary opponent really big and really strong.

Okay I have been refuted quite soundly by Anasari lol. However, Kampmann is more
well-rounded than Alves. And Alves' supposed Jiu-Jitsu ability remains to be sees (in other words it probably isn't there). In any case, if not a Muay Thai based fighter, what kind of guy would you give a chance against GSP? And don't say someone who is based in awesomeness haha I already knew that. Also, I realize that Alves' last outing was against MUCH weaker competition than GSP, however isn't it fair to say that his striking looked particularly cerebral and crisp? Phone Post

Also, Alves was outclassed in the fight with GSP, but even so it seems to me that he defeated himself by not pulling the proverbial trigger. I suppose we will see how Shields does. Phone Post

Alves did pull the trigger. GSP dodged that shit like the matrix and put Alves on his back.

I thought Koscheck had the best chance at defeating GSP until his orbital bone shattered into pieces four seconds into the fight. He had the takedown defense to avoid being put down, and when he was put down, he got right back up. Standing up, before during and after the fight I think everyone knew GSP would be better than Koscheck, but Koscheck throws bombs and it's easy to land just one in 25 minutes.

Ansari - Alves did pull the trigger. GSP dodged that shit like the matrix and put Alves on his back.

I thought Koscheck had the best chance at defeating GSP until his orbital bone shattered into pieces four seconds into the fight. He had the takedown defense to avoid being put down, and when he was put down, he got right back up. Standing up, before during and after the fight I think everyone knew GSP would be better than Koscheck, but Koscheck throws bombs and it's easy to land just one in 25 minutes.<br type="_moz" />

No way Kos lands one of those things on GSP. Anyone can "throw bombs" with that technique. But the reason you don't see many baseball pitchers switching to MMA is that it's easy to see that looping punch coming a mile away.

GSP is by far the best fighter in the division and there's no one that should beat him for some time to come. The only one who stands a chance is Fitch. Fitch is as well rounded as GSP, except he's slightly worse at each individual aspect of the game. Nevertheless, because the match-up is not so one-sided anywhere the fight goes, Fitch has a decent shot (maybe 20-30%).