Kelly: Etim will be the next world champ

UFC lightweight Paul Kelly has switched up his camps from the Wolfslair to Team Kaobon for his UFC 105 bout against Dennis Siver and we talked to him about it where, amongst other things, he stated:

"Terry is unbelievable. People don't even know how good he is, really. He's the next world champion."

You can check it out here:

www.mmaunltd.com/news-detail.asp/NewsID/1021/paul-kelly-talks-ufc-105-and-more.htm

I guess that sucks that Kelly has a Wolfslair tattoo on his back.

Etim's a very skilled, extremely exciting fighter, but I don't see him becoming the next champion. But hey, I've been wrong before and Paul Kelly undoubtedly knows the fight game better than I.

Considering his frame, age, experience, ways he's finished fights, that's not out of the realms of possibility

He has great potential, but he's not the next champion as it will take a few years for him to get his shot. Definitely a solid up and comer though.

I love this dude's style but bj would murk him.. easily

Obviously Zuffa wants to promote him because of his fan friendly style. Thats why he hasnt been fed to the wolves yet. But he failed to beat the middle tier fighters and showed a lack of wrestling and grappling ability

Clementi and Tibau are both tough experienced guys. But the guys above them are on a different level

He's only 23 and has come on in leaps and bounds since his losses to Clementi and Tibau. I spoke to him after that and he said they've got new wrestling coaches in and he's been working hard at it.

In a few years he'll be a force to be reckoned with, definitely.

He looked better because he has fought lesser opponents after Clementi and Tibau.

Etim has a very good guard, but he needs to work more on his wrestling and positional grappling. His striking is already top notch and he uses his reach very well. Definitely a top contender in a year or two.

Terry Etim has a ton of potential no doubt, but I agree that his wrestling may need some work before he can hang with the very best LWs.

He has the perfect physique for modern MMA as well. Height and reach will just continue to be more and more important as the individual skill levels gets closer and closer.

In 10 years I think short guys will be rare at the top level of MMA.

He is working hard on his wrestling with Shane Rigby and the continued threat of submissions and striking makes him dangerous.

Imagine him in 2-3 years!

I see him vs. Nate Diaz being an interesting one down the line potentially

I've said on past threads that Etim is the best UK prospect. Scouse Spider is it? He's good, well rounded. But damn he's in a deep weight division...

MMAunltd -  He is working hard on his wrestling with Shane Rigby and the continued threat of submissions and striking makes him dangerous.

Isn't Rigby a catch wrester also?

blue63 - 
Twostep - I guess that sucks that Kelly has a Wolfslair tattoo on his back.

That's his own dumbass fault.

Who the fuck goes out and gets a Wolfslair tattoo!?!? Seriously?

I think its pretty cool.

etim is a really good prospect, if he wins at 105, i would love to see him start fighting contenders.

BJ would eat him alive.

"Isn't Rigby a catch wrester also?"

Yeah i thought for a second he was training with some international caliber wrestlers or something. England isnt exactly a hotbed for wrestling

Yeah, Rigby is/was a good catch guy but he is also well versed in freestyle:

English and British Wrestling Champion.

2 Silver medals in the Commonwealth Games.

British Grand Prix silver medal.

Austrian Open silver medal

Member of Great Britain Olympic Wrestling Team.

Sports scholarship to America.