Kelvin Gastelum can't make weight. The fight this weekend has been moved to 185lbs

I think it’s time Kelvin retires even if he wins.

4 Likes

this guy can’t get out of his own way. he’s got a tortilla problem.

8 Likes

Jesus, how many misses is this for him? I remember the UFC pushed him to go up to middleweight after his issues before.

1 Like

Biggest dissapointment in the UFC

He went to a close split decision loss against a prime Woodley (he missed weight) and took Izzy to deep waters

If he quit with the burritos and had even an ounce of discipline, he could have been champ

11 Likes

Lock him in Dolce’s basement

3 Likes

you’re right man. he got really near the belt without really ever being disciplined enough to be at that level. only one guy can do that.

Best Friends Sport GIF by UFC

3 Likes

Genetically gifted, while Kelvin is just a husky Mexican

3 Likes

true in a way. but growing up wrestling mexicans are way stronger than they should be and their cardio is incredible.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure he even said making 85 for this fight was still going to be difficult

2 Likes

hes a pro he cant get too fat in between fights Shows hes not as serious as others

2 Likes

This little piggy went to the market…

2 Likes

IIRC: Was the last one picked on the Ultimate Fighter. Beat Uriah, who at the time was sold as the next Anderson Silva. When he fought Tim Kennedy, Joe Rogan was basically saying Tim was going to punish him for being out of shape and not having discipline. Kelvin wins the fight by outlasting Tim and gets the finish (Alamo 2.0).

Always been a fan of his and the lack of discipline makes things interesting and frustating.

2 Likes

Edited: I know he speaks Spanish, but (IIRC) didn’t he do a post-fight interview Portuguese?

lol what a dipshit. He posted this at the end of April and it looks like it’s going to be a series of “Missing Weight with Kelvin Gastelum”.

Guy doesn’t take this stuff seriously at all

3 Likes

Gastelum got on the scale built like me and I grapple once a week. How you even go through fight camp and look like that is a mystery unless he started at 245 lbs.

2 Likes

They should have cut this guy a long time ago for being so unprofessional. They put him in as a coach for TUF against Robert Whittaker and the coaches challenge was a 5K. Kelvin as a professional fighter was struggling within his first mile, threw up on the second, and got fucking lapped.

7 Likes

I can see him being cut win or lose this weekend

Feel the same way about BJ.

Prime Out of Shape BJ vs Prime Out of Shape Gastelum

Who have you got? At the heaviest unhealthy weight of their careers.

Dolce was a drug dealer who had fighters cut like bodybuilders.

3 Likes