Khabib Nurmagomedov's Eagle FC promotion could test his bond with 'big brother' Dana White

Isnā€™t this event being shown on UFC Fight Pass? That would make you think they must be on pretty good terms.

Weā€™ll see what their business plan is moving forward if they want to grow out of it and try to compete on their own or if they are happy being a feeder league/graveyard for the UFC on its streaming platform.

Khabib is taking everyoneā€™s sloppy seconds. There will be no rift. I would not be surprised if the UFC was a silent investor

3 Likes

I donā€™t personally like itā€™s chances to last in the US, anyway. If I were Khabib, I would stay out of the US and expand my international footprint. For whatever the cause (or causes) may be, and you can argue them all day long, the American market just doesnā€™t have the appetite for a second major promotion.

UFC is firmly become entrenched as the OG much in the same way that the NFL is with football. MMA isnā€™t popular in the states. UFC is (and even then on a limited basis).

4 Likes

Like Vince McMahon kept ECW in business silently for years.

2 Likes

I also think that Khabib is a smart guy, and has more leverage than most fighters do when it comes to dealing with Dana. Undefeated 29-0 and retired as champion, Khabib represents the key to being able to really tap into a big combat sports market in Russia and surrounding geographies, which long term is huge for UFC. Theyā€™re still relatively young into their foray into those markets and the results have been very impressive, giving them a place to hold events during a pandemic (fight island in Abu Dhabi), churning out guys like Chimaev, Yan, and Islam.

Khabib and his organization is a better friend than enemy, and I think Dana understands this.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a good point it would probably make better sense business wise for them to build it up even more outside of the US before bringing it here. There has been too many failed organizations that have been here stateside that it makes sense to gain some traction. That way they would have home grown talent to build off of and promote instead of attempting to put an 0-10 Big Foot Silva in their 1st stateside MAIN EVENT which thankfully got scrapped.

The UFC launders money for these guys.

Theyā€™ll keep quiet as long as the gravy train for them is working.

I think Khabib got the green light from Dana before he ever planned it. Eagle FC isnā€™t going after UFC, itā€™s going after Bellator and PFL.

1 Like

They are not going after anyone.

There is a reason organized crime likes MMA so much.

There was also a reason why some of the Eagleā€™s original financial backers went to jail.

1 Like

Wow I didnā€™t even read that before commenting. The WSOF and PFL were feeder leagues for UFC in the past. The Aliabdelaziz rat got the connections

Ali is a face man.

Money is being washed like crazy here through the UFC and now Eagle FC.

Do you really think Ali is some sort of super genius mma agent?

Do you really think BLAF puts up with him because Ali is so good at what he does?

1 Like

Interesting. Iā€™ve always been fascinated by Ali and what seemingly makes him some sort of super agent. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever heard Dana say a cross word about him,when Dana routinely shits on other agents. Heā€™s definitely an interesting character

1 Like

Dana doesnā€™t put up with anyone sh1tting on him if they donā€™t have something they want.

Ali is no super agent.

Aliā€™s handlers are bringing lots of cash and opportunity to the UFC.

1 Like

No but I heard him admit in a video he had a deal with UFC to use WSOF as a feeder league.

But I donā€™t trust him at all.

1 Like

Dana used Ali Abdelaziz to lie under oath in court. I think heā€™s treated like gold because he does illegal shit, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see UFC push him out when theyā€™re done with him, but Ali is smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds

2 Likes

Ian McCall and Mike Russell had a long podcast talking strictly about Ali and the tactics he uses.

Mike Russell is still not releasing everything he has but I think he got threatened or sued along the way. He has been promising to release even more Ali evidence than he already has. But think what you will about Aliā€¦ Ian is a real fighter thatā€™s dealt with him and managers and knows the fake inside and out.

Itā€™s a good listen for the road

3 Likes

Kabob is just following Bellatorā€™s formula by bringing in UFC ā€œhas beensā€. But if he gets Ngannou, that can change everything.

1 Like

Rats turn on each other when things go bad.

But you can bet Ali doesnā€™t have enough to bail himself out like he thinks he does.

1 Like