Khabib vs Askren .?

Remember when Askren came to the ufc he really wanted a fight with Khabib … I believe he was willing to do it at a catch weight of 165. We all know how Bens ufc run went but he is an amazing wrestler so I’m thinking he could have posed an interesting challenge in that area

Would Khabib steamroll him? Would he dominate the wrestling or would Askren show Khabib what his American funk wrestling is all about?

I feel like I’d be pulling hard for Askren & thinking he may have the wrestling advantage to win, but then the fight happens & Khabib just submits him.

And then I’d be pissed for the rest of the night.

5 Likes

Ben was overrated due to being in a second tier promotion and never facing any grapplers. We saw what happened when he finally faced a good grappler.

1 Like

Khabib is ten times the grappler and striker, Askren is a bum and doesn’t win the fight anywhere.

It’s good that people are so excited about the GOAT Khabib that they make all these hypothetical matchups no matter how dumb they are though.

Ben was talking WILD. Saying he could beat Khabib, Kamaru Usman, GSP, Johny Hendricks. Boy got humbled badly. Sometimes God teaches you lessons in brutal ways, he had no business in the UFC. The thing I hate him for the most though is inflating Jorge Masvidal’s stock so much it led to Jorge getting TWO undeserved title shots. WW is a joke division I swear.

1 Like

He has zero athletic instincts in his body

The optimist in me likes to think Askren would’ve won via flying knee.

3 Likes

Striker, yes. Grappler? I can’t imagine what data you have to support that

1 Like

I don’t think khabib would fair well against Maia either

2 Likes

Laughing GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Maia lost to top tier competition throughout this career. That’s kind of disrespectful to Khabib

You are a whore.

2 Likes

I think Robbie even had him unconscious at one moment but punches to the face woke him up :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah for us Askren fans, when we watched his debut ufc fight with Lawler we were like “that was not a good performance” … I wish the ref had let the fight go though . We never got to see Bens funky wrestling in the ufc

He was fucked in his ufc run. I think prime vs prime he poses a threat somewhat, but not 35 yr old Ben.

1 Like

Now imagine what Colby Covington would do to Khabib.

Has any fighter or their fans ever talked so much shit from the bleachers? Un fucking real.

Khabib

Next question

1 Like

Imagine what Khamzat would do to poor boy right now :joy::joy: or prime Askren. Don’t matter

1 Like

Covington vs Askren would be interesting… two grinding wrestlers with great cardio.