Khabib wasn’t that good

Solid wins: Michael Johnson, Edson, Raging Al, Abel Trujilo
Great wins: RDA, Conor, Dustin, Gaethje.

If you think that’s the resume of a can crusher, I don’t know what to tell you.

6 Likes

And didn’t lose a round…

and the rest?

29-0, not 8 and 0.

Didn’t he loose a round against Mcgregor?

2 Likes

Da Bronx took some of those guys out quickly. I wouldn’t consider that a Murderers row of opponents.

1 Like

People said that but the scorecards still had him winning. Uncle Chael said so!

really?

think about that some more. I’d love to imagine Charles would submit him, but it just isnt happening. he would have been slaughtered, even if he was fully prepared and fought instead of Justin

1 Like

He’s not that good but he’ll beat every past 155 champion in MMA history

I don’t think so, he’s got an issue with the Ju Jitsu. He went up to train with john danaher. John gave an interview about and wasn’t impressed with his ground game. Said his guys had no problem working him over. Charles and BJ give him serious problems.

1 Like

Who cares about the rest? His great wins speak for themselves.

Do Bronx is probably the second best LW ever. And, unlike Khabib, he got dropped by all three of them.

1 Like

not being a deliberate bastard, but do you have a link to back this position? very interesting

Do you have a link?

Yeah…he was actually terrible.

Thanks for pointing that out op.

I’ll look for it. Here is another interview where he questions how good Khabib’s ground game is.

nice one cheers, will look forward to you backing up what you said lol

have a good evening, all.

Penn and Khabib both had 3 title defences you fucking moron

Only Penn is 16-14-2 and Khabib is 29-0

2 Likes

Whilst I respect the relative skills of Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian you’re looking at a different era. BJ Penn went up in weight and being a decent boxer rocked superstriker Hughes and got the sub. At the time I thought BJ would win the rematch and bought all the rib excuses but with hindsight he just would struggle with a bigger stronger fighter. No version of him would make Khabib break a sweat and the competition was generally mid-tier (he lost to the top tier regularly). I do feel bad saying it because BJ Penn was my favourite fighter that made me a fan.

BJ is an all time great. Khabib is an all time great. Number of defences is meaningless because at some point it gets padded like Silva or Jones (also all time greats). Clearing out the division whether with the belt or without it has the exact same result to any intelligent fight fan. Take DC? how many defences in any division does he have?

Your post is analogous to saying Chuck and Tito and Timmy defended the title more times and therefore DC wasn’t that good when most can see that DC is a GOAT contender in both divisions due to his wins there and Chuck/Tito/Sylvia can’t really be compared despite more defences.

1 Like

Khabib was much younger and smaller. Tibau was quite seasoned at that point and didn’t actually do much (reminds me a touch of the Iaqinta fight). He just was backed up to the fence and stayed there looking like Hulk.

The size difference and amount of gear he was on was nuts (look up the fight if you’ve forgotten). I tend to ignore it for that reason and Khabib was much bigger and stronger by the end of his career.

My bad. You are right. Still he holds one more title than Khabib at welterweight. Once again the argument isn’t how good BJ was, it’s about how Unaccomplished Khabib is.