Kicking Tall Fat Guys in the Gut

It seems like this would be an obvious initial strike for a shorter guy if the tall fat guy is coming straight in. Anyone have to do this at some point?

1 Like

Was really hoping to find a gif of goldy yelling TEEP… no such luck.

1 Like

Better to dig with hooks than risk a kick and get taken down.

With tall guys like that you either want to be all the way in or all the way out. Kicking limits your movement.

1 Like

I was thinking more of a self-defense situation with someone untrained and rushing in. Hooks to the body might work if the guy tries to smother, but kicks can be done further away.

I’ve seen a tall guy utilize teep kicks on shorter guys.

Will post video later.

Here you go fellas…timestamped:

2 Likes

Not a big fat guy but a big aggressive dude in sparring. Kept coming in with big huge hooks so I gave him a front kick below the belly button next time he came at me.

1 Like

Bumpedy bump bump

I didn’t really have anything constructive to say in this thread except that Cheryl Cole was a goddamn fox. I would easily give up one eyeball if she would let me disappoint her.

I’m just referencing your avatar. :facepunch:

3 Likes

I use the teep a lot and I have used it in fights when I bounced and spent time at the bars. It’s a good way to stop a charge.

1 Like

Lead or rear teep? Depends on the situation I guess?

I use both but if you come charging it’s most likely you are eating a rear teep.

A good technique is to step forward with your rear leg to cover distance thus making your rear leg your front leg and then using your now rear leg as a teep. It loads you up well.

1 Like

Depends on where their hands are. If their hands are above chest level, then yeah a rear stabbing teep to the gut will get respect instantly. If their hands are below chest level, the risk of the kick getting caught is significant. But now their head is wide open so it’s just matter of what you have trained for

2 Likes

Yeah Im a big fan of this technique. My striking backround is in Jeet Kune Do where you lead with your power hand (southpaw for me), but I’m also left footed so my rear leg is my power leg and I’m able to mix up stances and throw a lot of switch kicks to keep people guessing

1 Like