Kid Yamamato!!!! Tell me about him

"I would hesitate to say "Dick", maybe there was some cultural thing that I don't understand."

I dont think it would surprise anyone if Kid did act like a dick to someone so not sure if its a big deal if you thought so but on the other hand, im sure you know its obvious that kid neither acts nor looks like your typical jap.

"His mom was a Judo World Champion as well... "

You sure about that? Who's his mom?

"im sure you know its obvious that kid neither acts nor looks like your typical jap."

Agreed...most every other japanese person; fighter or not, were very cordial and respectful.

Kid looks like he would act like the tough guy, AZN pride type kids you see dressed like rappers all around southern California.

"The killer instinct that makes vandy look whatever isnt called for either, YJS."

Um... not called for? You know it was a compliment, right? It means he finishes when he has the chance. Being strategic is in no way antithetical to having killer instinct. You can have both. Just a bizarre statement.

"he might be a Spartan lol"

Athenian, i believe. He's one of those philosopher boy lovers, as Leonidas says. Note: Although they didn't get into it in the movie, the Athenians played a huge role in Thermopylae and winning the Persian War. Remember how the movie showed how hardcore the Spartans were by showing them kill messengers? Athenians did the same thing. They even went to a neighboring Greek city that was run by a Persian overlord, and impaled him.

And since i'm on the subject since i loved the movie, i'll mention that all the cool action-hero one-liners that Leonidas said were supposedly said for real. "Come and get them!" to the Persians when they asked for the Spartans' weapons, "You'll get plenty of earth and water down there" before kicking the Persian messenger, and the "we'll fight in the shade" line was real, too. As was "Come back with your shield, or on it". Not necessarily said by Gorgo, but it was a common phrase that wives said to their husbands before war.

"
Lindland is not a top P4P guy."

No one said he was a top P4P guy. ROR said if he beats Fedor he would be the top P4P guy.

Right now KID is the top P4P guy. He's #1 at 145 and went up a weightclass to beat top 10 fighters. The craziest thing is that he didn't even bulk up. He stayed at 143 lbs.

Not to still the thread, but have you guys seen the destruction of Zambidi from Buakaw(sp?)?

Damn! that was a crazy fight. I wonder why we don't see more of Buakaw.....

Buakaw is still the #1 fighter in MAX.

kid is an awesome fighter and great athlete. he got hand fed a couple of guys in k1 before zambo ko'd him, but no shame in being ko'd by zambidis, he's a fucking beast standing. would love to see him hit someone with one of those hooks wearing mma gloves!!!

If only Kid was born in a slightly bigger body. If he was even, say Gomi's size, can you imagine how badass he woudl be. He'd be probably be able to compete against the best 170 pounders in the world, and even give some 185 pounders trouble. He'd be a suped up version of BJ Penn.

IMO, he's an overrated, cocky, jackass. His fight with Sudo was stopped prematurely too.

Zambidis is a monster, I'd love to see him get into MMA.

ttt

i think Granpa is an idiot. he has earned his rep as a badass fighter and in no way is he overrated

"the K1 Max weight limit is 155"

"he got hand fed a couple of guys in k1 before zambo ko'd him"

like Masato????

Kid had a good showing against Zamobo given his kickboxing experience. He also did much much better against Masato than I ever would have imagined he could.

IMO Kid is hands down the best P4P fighter. He is very well rounded. Find me another guy that could hang with the top kickboxers who have a distinct weight advantage, wrestle at an elite international level, and beat top ten guys who are two weight classes above them in MMA.

I wouldn't say Kid did well against Zambidis. That was a one-sided fight. It's just a bad style matchup for Kid. He did so well against Masato, though. And in his kickboxing debut he obliterated Takehiro Murahama, who had a couple wars with Masato.

I'd like to see Kid in ADCC, too. He'd be tough to beat.

Kid's accomplishments are astounding, and he still has plenty of years left in this game.

ttt for relevance

This thread makes me sad. Phone Post

Bummer :(