Kimbo is the man, not Gannon

I don't remember everyone saying "Wow, that Kimbo guy is so tough, he could probably last 8 minutes with an amatuer boxer." As I recall, everyone thought he was invincible. Now that it's been proven that he's not, these squids are falling back on him being an "untrained" backyard fighter.

And of course every untrained backyard fighter is embraced by this forum, right?

So what is the Kimbo hype all about now? He fought a credible fight against a little-known MMA fighter and beat up a much smaller guy and knocked his eye out. Doesn't really seem to be that big a deal in the end, does it?

Robin.

Oh come on HEMAN, you must feel the wave of nostalgia seeing EY's posts?

I've got to see most of the really tops trolls just in the last couple of days... I wonder why that is?

I was never on the Kimbo bandwagon, though I found the Kimbo-isms funny as hell at times.

I just don't think this fight is that big of a deal other than the fact that this place actually got it arranged.

Gannon got what he wanted. Just look at the threads from the past few days. How about that for a donation!

Some interesting points, though cannot say I agree with all of them.

LOL at people too ADD to read the post but who must call "troll" when they disagree with the first line of a post too long to hold their attention.

"The kiss of death... EvilYoshida joins the Kimbo bandwagon! "

the bread man grew on me! hhahaha

someone set up a paypal account for kimbo

nigga need his bread!

actually this is the first time I posted anything on Kimbo.

after seeing kimbo fight his heart now.. it's hard not to be a fan.

is anybody else down to donate some money to Kimbo w/o a middleman like that POS iceberg?

I will say that some of Liyon's post is true and makes sense. Kimbo was against many odds and fighting a bigger, better trained man. Kimbo put up a valiant fight and he is a very tough street-fighter.

That being said, Kimbo is used to doing to his unsuspecting and smaller opponents exactly what Gannon did to him. Kimbo was undoubtedly better trained and bigger than the guy who's ass he kicked in the infamous first Kimbo video. He took advantage of that situation by gouging the eye and beating the piss out of him.

All's fair in love and war....Kimb got BEAT. His cardio definitely came into play, but Gannon was gassed too. Doesn't matter how he got beat.... coulda, woulda, shoulda.... KIMBO WAS BEATEN AND BEATEN TO A 30 COUNT!

I will send them both some cookies.

You want an un-biased opinion...take it from me.

I have NO training in MMA..just a fan.

I like this forum and have read daily since I joined.
Thus for,I have somewhat of an insiders view of how talented MMA fighters are.

With that being said....

Gannon...Pro trained (smart,knows what to do)

Kimbo...trained by ?? but skilled (scrappy and tough)

Bottom line from my view was...fight of the century!!!

Both guys laid it all out..fought to the best of thier ability.

Big time heart showed by both and much respect deserved for both fighters.

I wish I could shake both of thier hands.I haven't seen this much spirit shown in a H2H match since Rizzo\Coture..which should speak volumes.

To Gannon I say..I aint never gonna question you partner,I aint never gonna question you.

To Kimbo I say...A Nigga will have his day to eat again,a nigga will have his day.

Thanx to everyone involved from both parties in putting on the greatest fight spectacle I've ever seen.

Now...do it again.

Peace

You can agree with some of Liyon's post and not be agaist Gannon. Gannons a badass. Liyon makes some legit points.

I cant stand when someone is so on one side of an issue they refuse to see other legit points. Its like when people talk politics, its like you dont have to be one extereme or the other.

You can still praise Gannon and agree with some of the points.

regardless of what you think of the actual fight.  You  cannot deny that Gannon is at bare minimum also THE MAN for that fight.

Set up the rematch already!

If the fight happens now, Kimbo would own him.

ALL DAY.

But really...Gannon did whoop his ass, even with his boys trying to save him.

I dont wanna read all that shite! So I am just gonna save my time and just call you a troll without knowing wtf you just said!

Dunno looked like Kimbo got dropped quite a few times.