Kimbo Slice vs Sean Gannon Fight Video

so merciful

I hadn't watched this in years. Gannon is the man. Phone Post 3.0

Sean would you fight him if Bellator hooked it up?

Hired Gun - Sean would you fight him if Bellator hooked it up?

Would watch.

GladiatorGannon - 
Bucephalus - That fight was originally setup to prove a point... that a professional fighter with actual pro-boxing experience would badly beat Kimbo - a mere 'street thug'. But Kimbo proved he was legit. He lost because of cardio (and misunderstandings about rules). His opponent was badly beat up and hospitalized after the fight (iirc, an overnight stay) - while Kimbo went out and partied. It was Kimbo who got famous from that fight.

Some just don't understand fighting. If someone looks better after a KO or submission loss, that only means the victor is merciful, nothing else. A KO winner could easily render his opponent unrecognizable or even dead. Do not mistake kindness for weakness.

"He lost because of cardio..." He lost because he didn't know how to fight as well as his opponent, end of story. The true answer to that question is answered inside the first minute, where Kimbo gets legless after a CRUSHING straight left, starts holding on for dear life, and immediately ends up in a guillotine he has no answers for. Under any other circumstances that is a sub or an immediate DQ for his friends jumping in. So the answer to the above question is "under a minute".

Oh, well then I stand corrected. I never realized that the lack of damage to Kimbo was due to your mercy and nothing else.

I also was unaware that your significant facial and head injuries were due to Kimbo's lack of mercy (rather than his skill or your lack thereof).

I always assumed it was Kimbo's cardio problems that lost him the fight because to say that Kimbo didn't know how to fight seems kinda.. well,.. disrespectful to the guy he beat unrecognizable, even if Kimbo was too tired to finish him.

But hey, you're the pro. You obviously have a better understanding of these things. Just a fans perspective.

I understand if you don't want to answer this Sean, but did anyone in Kimbo's team approach you to try and get you to at least partially work the fight?  I know it was different back then when no real money was involved.  But given all of Kimbo's professional bouts have huge question marks around the "performance" of his opponents, it would be interesting to know.

Also, after watching Ken's inabiliy to finish a simple RNC against an opponent that is not defending at all, do you think something was a bit fishy in that match?

Thanks.

Don_Dada -
Hired Gun - Sean would you fight him if Bellator hooked it up?

Would watch.

Was wondering the same. Could be a good payday for both given the past history. Phone Post 3.0