King Mo On The UFC Marketing Machine

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/115073/King-Mo-Lawal-Discusses-Mark-Kerr,-His-M-1-Contract-Status,-The-UFC,-His-Level-Of-Competition,-More.htm

"The UFC has some fighters that they ain't good. They ain't good at all, but they have the marketing. I'm not going to say no names because I'm not disrespectful like that. But it could be like so-and-so or so-and-so, and that guy's lost a bunch of times, but he goes to the UFC, and since he's in the UFC, now he's world-class. You feel what I'm saying? It's all about the marketing."

King who?

King MO = (Rampage + Rashad)^2

story97 - King who?

LOL tuf noob.

Why did he fight ex-UFC/Pride out-of-shape legend, instead of some random midwest dude, who is at least in his physical prime?

It's all about the marketing.

Venom,

in his defense, he was scheduled to fight an in-shape legend, who got hurt, and they had to brign in the out of shape legend.

I don't think Mark Kerr is a legend really, he's famous and he's been around for ever but his actual accomplishments are very thin. I really wonder who King Mo thinks is horrible but is in the UFC regardless?

I don't think Frye is in so much better shape than Kerr. Why didn't Mo fight someone with a lesser name, who is not over 40 years old?

KING MO who is correct. The guy is overhyped. Nothing special about him. He is a good wrestler and thats it. The UFC is filled with great wrestlers who are well rounded fighters. Guys like Evans, Bones, and Rampage would wreck King. Mo be lucky to get past Mark Coleman.

He's a better wrestler than the guys you just named.

king mo is correct, guys like leben, Sakara and many others shouldnt be in the ufc anymore...their time has come and gone...

that said, i want king mo in the ufc but if he is going to talk like that in his interviews uggghhh....

latinthunder - KING MO who is correct. The guy is overhyped. Nothing special about him. He is a good wrestler and thats it. The UFC is filled with great wrestlers who are well rounded fighters. Guys like Evans, Bones, and Rampage would wreck King. Mo be lucky to get past Mark Coleman.
I'd say for as little time as he's been training MMA, he's shown far more natural ability than Brock Lesnar or Bobby Lashley. He took out Travis Wuiff (who is a tough first fight for anyone) standing and looked pretty impressive with his hands and movement. I would not call him overhyped. He has a ton of potential.

Venom77 - I don't think Frye is in so much better shape than Kerr. Why didn't Mo fight someone with a lesser name, who is not over 40 years old?

King jus got Mowned.

TheClutch - 
latinthunder - KING MO who is correct. The guy is overhyped. Nothing special about him. He is a good wrestler and thats it. The UFC is filled with great wrestlers who are well rounded fighters. Guys like Evans, Bones, and Rampage would wreck King. Mo be lucky to get past Mark Coleman.
I'd say for as little time as he's been training MMA, he's shown far more natural ability than Brock Lesnar or Bobby Lashley. He took out Travis Wuiff (who is a tough first fight for anyone) standing and looked pretty impressive with his hands and movement. I would not call him overhyped. He has a ton of potential.

My sentiments exactly.

And his fight against Travis was his first professional MMA fight.

Give Mo a shot and see what he does. There are worse in the UFC I am sure. I don't think Mo will deliver, but hey, give him that shot to try.

NoPlacebo - I don't think Mark Kerr is a legend really, he's famous and he's been around for ever but his actual accomplishments are very thin.

He was a very dominant UFC champ at one point - how many people can say that? - how is that "very thin" for accomplishments? You can hardly blame him for not beating guys that weren't around in his prime.

King Mo got tooled talking shit w/ Rampage.

King Mo got FUCKING tooled talking shit with Frye (Inside MMA)

He should quit talking....Rampage said it best..."He (Mo) writes checks his ass can't cash"....never could be more true.

BigJohnSTEWD - ^He's cashed 4 checks so far

He's overdrawn.