Knee Kick?

Addo - 
HexRei - 
Addo - I made this same thread a while ago, and while i think this kick is lame and cheap and malicious ( the front kick to the knee), i didnt think it was illegal, but Pat Miletich seems to think it is based on his comments in the prelims. Granted when i first made this thread i was describing the kick when thrown w the back leg, not the front. Thoughts

wtf are you talking about? there is no rule about kicking the knee joint, period.

I said PAT MILETICH SAID IT WAS ILLEGAL. Can you read?

But he's wrong. and you want him to be right, even though he's wrong. it's sad :( I feel bad for you little buddy Addo.

HexRei - 
Addo - 
HexRei - 
Addo - I made this same thread a while ago, and while i think this kick is lame and cheap and malicious ( the front kick to the knee), i didnt think it was illegal, but Pat Miletich seems to think it is based on his comments in the prelims. Granted when i first made this thread i was describing the kick when thrown w the back leg, not the front. Thoughts

wtf are you talking about? there is no rule about kicking the knee joint, period.

I said PAT MILETICH SAID IT WAS ILLEGAL. Can you read?

But he's wrong. and you want him to be right, even though he's wrong. it's sad :( I feel bad for you little buddy Addo.

You have cut me to the core.

Yes well, I was drunk. what's your excuse for being a moron?

every strike has an oppurtunity to cause horrible damage. either to your opponent or yourself. however, i've yet to see this strike stop a fight but i have seen corey hill fuck up his own leg with a leg kick. i've seen fighters have their skulls shattered by punches.

ban all strikes because they don't have an oppurtunity to tap?

ranier wolfcastle -  are women allowed to strike the tits?
my gf says they are fragile like nuts. apparantly groin strikes hurt em too

Tit shots are out but their groins are built to take quiet the pounding sir Phone Post

myjawhurts -
ranier wolfcastle -  are women allowed to strike the tits?
my gf says they are fragile like nuts. apparantly groin strikes hurt em too

Tit shots are out but their groins are built to take quiet the pounding sir Phone Post

Not bad. Phone Post

Haole -
RyannVonDoom - 
Chareth Cutestory - 
Addo - 
Chareth Cutestory - They should also ban all arm bars and kneebars because the only purpose of them is to injure the joints.

Dude, this "well fine..." act is old. Im not talking about any move that causes pain, has the potential to destroy joints. Im talking about this one particular strike which seems overtly malicious, (sorry for overusing it) and most of all cheap.

Would you not consider Paul Harris' kneebars overtly malicious?

Stop being a fucking pansy, this is fighting not a tickling match.

You can defend against kneebars and heelhooks.. btw.. and in some grappling tourneys they are banned. 

Are you suggesting you cant defend a knee strike?

He's saying u can tap before your knee gets seriously damaged, where with the kick u don't have a chance if it lands Phone Post

HexRei - Yes well, I was drunk. what's your excuse for being a moron?

Actually, I was drunk too,just woke up in fact. But I still didnt act like a child whether you think im a moron or not.

There is nothing wrong with knee kicks. Stop being such FUCKING PUSSIES.........

Addo - 

Actually, I was drunk too,just woke up in fact. But I still didnt act like a child whether you think im a moron or not.

I'd say complaining about a strike that has rarely if ever been seen to do even close to the kind of damage that most other strikes do is kind of childish. Perhaps child-like in its naivete?

Addo - BTW, Stealth pointed out to me that it is also illegal in California.

http://www.dca.ca.gov/csac/stats_regs/regulations.pdf
"§ 522. Fouls. (a) Fouls in kickboxing and martial arts. The following tactics are fouls in both kickboxing and martial arts and are forbidden. Use of these tactics shall result in a warning and loss of points as determined by the referee. (11) Linear kicks to the front or side of the knees."

My understanding of that particular rule is that "linear kicks" refers to techniques like side kicks and front kick, where the body's full power is driving directly behind the strike. Doesn't apply to round kicks, axe kicks, or those inside oblique kicks, which is why Joe is so clearly calling them as such.

That being said, the kick is no more dangerous than 12 to 6 elbows, which I personally think should be legal in PRO MMA.

HexRei - 
Addo - 

I'd say complaining about a strike that has rarely if ever been seen to do even close to the kind of damage that most other strikes do is kind of childish. Perhaps child-like in its naivete?

Perhaps

HexRei - 
Addo - 

Perhaps