Kondo Yuki = Great Fighter!

Kondo, 8-1 in last 9 fights, is an amazing striker and great grappler.

His only loss in his last 9 fights was to a heavyweight, Josh Barnett, and Kondo gave him fits.

Remember, styles make fights and Kondo has the style to defeat Silva's style.

Kondo throws sharp, straight, accurate punches and that is EXACTLY the kind of style that can defeat Silva's wild, looping punching style.

I remember when the genius' on the UG said that Sperry would easily sub Kondo and he ended up getting TKOed in like 3 minutes. Alot of people will eat crow on this fight.

KONDO..... YUUUUUKIIIIIII!!!!!!

Kondo yuki destroyed Sperry like nobody else ever did.

If Ninja gave it his all and still couldn't finish Sperry... it says a lot about Kondo.

The rumour is right now that silva may not face Kondo in May due to some "mysterious" injury

I hope that rumor is not true, I was looking forward
to that fight!

Source: Gracie Magazine

Chuteboxe star Wanderlei Silva injured himself while training with his partners at chuteboxe academy and may not be in Pride Bushido 3, that still has not confirmed any big name in the event. The injury was in the same knee Wand put into cirurgy in december 2002.

"The doctor who has made the cirurgy on him is still going to examine Wand to make sure how hurt his knee is now. Only after that we'll make a final decision" said Rudimar fedrigo. "We still think that Wand will be able to join the event, but we have to wait for what the doctor will say about it".

According to Fedrigo's words, Wand injured him self a couple of weeks ago while training with his partner Jorge Patino Macaco and still couldn't recover it. The champion was going to face Yuki Kondo, a guy that Wand defied on Pride's Ring with the words "Get ready to be beaten".

Kondo still has to beat Silva twice in order to take away the belt off the brazilian

that sucks.

ttt

"*gets hard*"

bad visual

Yuki Kondo has been one of my favorite fighters to watch for a long time. Most people have become familiar with Kondo only recently, but his true fans know about his roots in Pancrase. This guy brings excitement to the table in a very dangerous fashion.

I believe that Vanderlei and Yuki will be an incredible match-up. Even though I am a Kondo fan, I don't see this fight going in Kondo's advantage. I think the size factor will put Kondo at a disadvantage, considering the fact that both fighters have the same aggressive/violent stlye of fighting.

Both of these fighters base their styles on aggressiveness. These fighters are similar in a sense that neither is a true counter-fighter, but both are capable of weathering serious attack and turning the tide in a fight.

This is a great match-up, and I wish for Kondo to prove me wrong, but I see Vanderlei winning with a size advantage due to similar styles.

Agreed? Yes, Yuki Kondo is a great fighter!

"I believe that Vanderlei and Yuki will be an incredible match-up. Even though I am a Kondo fan, I don't see this fight going in Kondo's advantage. I think the size factor will put Kondo at a disadvantage, considering the fact that both fighters have the same aggressive/violent stlye of fighting. "

agree w/ that.

Silva does not have "wild, looping punching style". Have you seen Silva v. saku 3? His boxing was great.