Kongo vs. Hardonk at UFC 97

I've been calling for this fight for awhile now.

This one should be a good fight. Neither has a particular interest in taking the fight to the ground and both are high level strikers. Should be a damn good one.

Antoni Hardonk is outmatched here imo

The pinnacle of b-level kickboxing. I hope Kongo changes it up and goes for leglocks or something.

hardonk will break those legs... or not

Nanook - I've been calling for this fight for awhile now.

This one should be a good fight. Neither has a particular interest in taking the fight to the ground and both are high level strikers. Should be a damn good one.

???

Kongo took down Herring. Kongo has better wrestling, Hardonk has better grappling.

They are both good strikers, both were decent on the european muay thai scene and almost got a shot in K-1 but ended up getting passed over. I would have preferred to see Kongo stick with K-1 as he looks so awkward in MMA. Aside from the KO loss to Feitosa he had some solid wins.

Tough fight to pick.

EckY - 

???

Kongo took down Herring. Kongo has better wrestling, Hardonk has better grappling.

They are both good strikers, both were decent on the european muay thai scene and almost got a shot in K-1 but ended up getting passed over. I would have preferred to see Kongo stick with K-1 as he looks so awkward in MMA. Aside from the KO loss to Feitosa he had some solid wins.

Tough fight to pick.

Not questioning their credentials on the ground, but in honesty, with as good as they are in striking, one would think that they'd prefer to keep it standing.

Kongo and Hardonk would eviscerate Buentello, they are horrible matchups for him but I agree on the whole.

Nanook -
EckY -

???

Tough fight to pick.

Not questioning their credentials on the ground, but in honesty, with as good as they are in striking, one would think that they'd prefer to keep it standing.

Clearly, but Kongo repeatedly shot on Herring and Herring isnt nearly as good as Hardonk standing so it wouldnt shock me if Kongo did the same here.

inf0 -
EckY - Kongo and Hardonk would eviscerate Buentello, they are horrible matchups for him but I agree on the whole.

eviscerate??? get teh fuck out of here.. Paul has great hands - I'd pick him easy over Kongo but would be worried about Hardonk's leg kicks - either way, I'd rather see Paul in there than them. Hell, I'd rather see Yvel in there - he's already tuned Kongo once as well.

Yvel KOd Kongo on the ground years ago, whats your point?

Kongo has fought WAY better strikers than Buentello has and has a much more diverse striking toolset. Kongo has very good kicks and knees. Buentello couldnt put away Goodridge who took the fight on a days notice or a 21 year old rookie. He could always land a big punch but they have far more tools in the standup realm to win the fight.

What happened last time Buentello fought someone with good knees in the clinch?

wish i was fighting kongo that'd be fun..hardonk too...wish i was fighitng in general i'd prolly settle for that...why is there always so much hate on heavy weights we are what we are its a much different game mostly based off matchups...I don't understand the so called fans of mma on here all they do is hate i guess thats why they are only fans afraid of their own short comings...both good heavy weights looking forward to this match-up

i wasnt hating, just think that both Kongo and Hrdonk are awful matchups for Buentello.

also good luck in ufc, you looked good against assuerio.

Good fight.

EckY - i wasnt hating, just think that both Kongo and Hrdonk are awful matchups for Buentello.

also good luck in ufc, you looked good against assuerio.

thanks...i honestly only skimmed the thread it was more about frustrations from the bazillion other threads on here its ridiculous "i hate the ufc, i hope affliction fails...dream is terrible blah blah blah...but i love mma" it blows my mind i like fighting whether its in a back alley a bar or in madison square garden its all pretty darn neat to me...wish all fans felt the same way but most of them still don't know a basic set up to an arm bar so why bother

I think Kongo gets the KO

Hardonk, while a good kicker, seems to get hit more than I expected him to. Eddie Sanchez dropped him at least once (I think twice though)

While Eddie hits hard, there is no way he hits as hard as Kongo

I'm excited to see this fight.

The UFC really needs to build up some decent HW contenders. This fight helps in that effort.

inf0 - The UFC should drop all these half-baked goons and try to get Werdum, Barnett, Arlovski, Sergei and Paul B. back in there.

dude you're a fucking idiot.. since when is Hardonk a half baked goon?

You're a fucking nobody to be calling those profighters goons.. you dipshit little chode

anyone wanna make a gentlemans bet on how many times kongo knees him in the dick? i say 3

Kongo will take it to the ground

hardonk by oma plata or by boring decision. lol

Cheque by brutal cojones smash