Kovalev is a beast

Sillakh is no slouch and he walked right through him like he wasn't there. Right hand is quick and devastating. Phone Post 3.0

Any videos of this fight up?

Cleverly got a granite jaw but he just scrambled his eggs with ease. Phone Post 3.0

He impresses me more than Golovkin. Sillakh has some world class to go with better than average power. He doesn't catch well, but he can fight. Kovalev was out boxing Sillakh, before he showed his power and annihilated Sillakh. I wasn't as sold on him at the beginning of the year, but he is the goods. He is the guy to beat Andre Ward, and that is a huge statement for me to make. Adonis is no match for him. When he got caught in exchanges, he was open to be caught. Bellew missed, but Kovalev will not.

Frames4Life - Cleverly got a granite jaw but he just scrambled his eggs with ease. Phone Post 3.0

In that fight Kovalev looked like a seasoned pro putting away a green novice. I don't think Cleverly even worried him once.

I don't think Adonis wants to fight him. He mentioned Froch or BHop. Both would bring bigger paydays and provide easier opposition. Maybe not easier, but he can dance around, drop his right like he does and not have to worry about getting his head knocked off. Phone Post 3.0

Adonis can make a lot of money in Canada right now fighting easier foes. A matchup with BHop for example would be big box office over there because they know him from the Jean Pascal fights. Froch was mentioned and he is a good option because he brings an English fanbase and English television money.

Stevenson could also face the winner of Pascal-Lucian Bute in what would be a megafight in that country.

Kovalev isn't a big attraction yet so HBO would have to be willing to sweeten the pot to make it worth facing him and I don't know if they will. But all Kov has to do is keep flattening people and his time will come, they can't duck him forever.

Interesting comments from Abel Sanchez and although it seemed a little pretty on his behalf to talk about Kovalev reportedly be scared of GGG and getting dominated by him when they sparred. That said, as good as Kovalev has looked, GGG does seem to be the much more polished fighter. Phone Post 3.0

Stevenson and Froch won't happen, not unless AS drops to 168 again. Froch makes the weight easy enough, he won't bother risking it. He'll keep mentioing ward but he doesn't want it really.
Would love to see how well ward would fare against Stevenson and Kovalev Phone Post 3.0

Stevenson will ko him Phone Post 3.0

Abel has fallen in love with GGG. There is an old saying in boxing, "never fall in live with a fighter." It always ends bad . It's good that he cares about GGG , but he has gone fan boy . "Gennady if on of the three greatest Middleweights ever", "Kovalev is scared of Gennady." I can't see him being afraid. I honestly can't see GGG being much more than barely competitive against Kovalev now. GGG is a come straight forward with little head movement. Stevens caught him clean a few times. Imagine what Kovalev could do. GGG is so much like Kosty Tszyu, both the good and bad attributes.

I'm not quite sold on GGG being the next greatest yet. Every fight has been Taylor made for him. He's yet to fight an A list fighter. Like Ward said it's much easier to knockout C level fighters. He might be that good, but he needs a step up in competition. Phone Post 3.0

the kovalev i've seen wouldn't seem like he would have too much trouble with golovkin. ggg is good but man i am super impressed with kovalev. can't see anyone under heavy standing up to his power

I like GGG but I think Ward would handle him comfortably to be honest.
The comment about him walking forward is bang on and that's exactly because he's been so far above everyone he's fought.
Put him with A class fighters to bring out the best of him. Phone Post 3.0

If he only fights C class fighters, he will never sharpen his skills to a level needed to beat A class guys. If you don't test yourself against better competition, your skill set will only deteriorate.

People are already talking about him fighting guys 1 or 2 weightclasses heavier to try and get him a loss. Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life - People are already talking about him fighting guys 1 or 2 weightclasses heavier to try and get him a loss. Phone Post 3.0

his own people are starting that discussion by claiming that he owned the most dangerous puncher in boxing in sparring. kovalev literally had his opponent not knowing what country he was in on saturday. guy was so out of it that he almost went and took a seat in the audience. with the punching power kovalev has displayed and then someone comes along and claims that golovkin owned him well then lets get them together

Maybe I am crazy but Kovalev reminds me of Joe Louis.

I think it's the balance.

I am as impressed with GGG as the next guy, but Kovalev would give him a pasting

pharochuck -
Frames4Life - People are already talking about him fighting guys 1 or 2 weightclasses heavier to try and get him a loss. Phone Post 3.0

his own people are starting that discussion by claiming that he owned the most dangerous puncher in boxing in sparring. kovalev literally had his opponent not knowing what country he was in on saturday. guy was so out of it that he almost went and took a seat in the audience. with the punching power kovalev has displayed and then someone comes along and claims that golovkin owned him well then lets get them together

Fair point, but let's not forget Kovalev opponent was literally(figuratively) twice Golovkins size.

I'm actually watching Kovalev right now, those shots that led to the first knock down were barely grazing shots, like he's made of iron, just throws and if they kind of land... you're done. Phone Post 3.0

Kovalevs power comes from being so relaxed in the ring and his balance, like it says above he sits down on his shots. Even the punches he's just teeing you yo with are punishing shots. Cleverly was a prime example when Kovalev was using punches to set up other punches, you could see everyone of them hurt. Phone Post 3.0