Lack of cardio is disrespectful to fans

We pay for the tickets,the merch and the ppv that pay fighters salaries. We pay to watch you fight, not come in woefully unprepared to do your job after 3 minutes.

If you gas on the regular you have no respect for the fans, for your fans. It's like a regular tv viewer watching 60 Minutes, but the reporters say 'fuck it I'm tired' after 20 and the final 2/3 of the show is pure shit. Viewers would not tolerate that, we shouldn't either. Phone Post

They are not world class if they can't compete for the duration of their scheduled bout. As bad as missing weight. Disgrazia Phone Post

I'm not disagreeing, with obviously unprepared people claiming to be world class fighters but there's more factors then cardio in causing you to gas in a fight.

BJJ is an amazing guerilla warfare tactic, in that when you knock you opponent down and get that surge of adrenaline and go to town and try to finish you often gas yourself, but dont actually do anything about finishing the fight because now the BJJ artist is in his comfort zone and was able to hold off the onslaught.

any marathon runner will tell you that once you red line in a race your done, nothing will bring you back to a respecatable pace, fighters who redline are either over confident in ther ability to finish the fight, or inexperienced, and dont know how to manage there excitment and reserves properly, so again if a fighter redlines its usually the end of the fight either for his opponent or he just gas's himself.

again not disagreeing at all if a fighter shows up gas'd its brutal, and shows a severe lack of professionalism, and disrespect but I dont care about the disrespect for the fans, I hate that he's disrespecting his opponent who if he defeats the gas'd fighter wont get as much respect for the win as if he defeated him on a full tank.

Shogun had exactly 5 minutes worth of cardio, then he went sloppy. Gustamante didn't hurt him and shogun did go all carwin on Brock for a whole round. He just didn't care enough about his career or the people who pay too see him fight to get in world class condition before the fight. Or in other words: do his job Phone Post

Dana should so the opposite of a backstage bonus for gassers. 20% fine for being unprepared. Shit looks amateur. Phone Post

Genetics play a part.

Some really don't respond well to cardio training. It's like hard gainers at the gym. Some just don't have it in them to have great cardio.

JakodaRay -
Olive Garden Table For One -  They are not world class if they can't compete for the duration of their scheduled bout. As bad as missing weight. Disgrazia Phone Post

What I don't understand is how can they have a 6 month training camp with world class trainers and coaches and then have such shitty cardio?
It's not like cardio is something hard to build especially if you do a lot of grappling.

Because its not rolling on a mat having people his you at 50%.

MMA fans are uneducated about the sport the claim to love. I didn't watch the prelims so I'm not sure what fight or fighters you're talking about.

Cardio is just like any other attribute, just like speed or power you can get beat up and lose cardio and it wont make one bit of fucking difference how hard you train.

In some fights, fighters with cardio would get finished in fights they lost had they not had cardio to begin with. Phone Post

Olive Garden Table For One - 

Shogun had exactly 5 minutes worth of cardio, then he went sloppy. Gustamante didn't hurt him and shogun did go all carwin on Brock for a whole round. He just didn't care enough about his career or the people who pay too see him fight to get in world class condition before the fight. Or in other words: do his job Phone Post

agreed, amateur and unprofessional.

didn't know what fight you were talking about in particular, just know that some people will jump to conclusions and an untrained eye may see somone gassing when really he just blew his wad to early like a teenager lol.

but i still agree getting off the couch and showing up to fight in the mandalay bay or similiar stage for millions to watch is pathetic

I don't think Penn was gassed against MacDonald. He was badly hurt to the body. Phone Post

If this is about bj, his cardio looked great!

You are talking about a guy that took a ton of body shots and grinded against the fence versus a guy the was virtually untouched.

You are talking about a guy that took a ton of body shots and grinded against the fence versus a guy the was virtually untouched.

Man, I thought I would never defend bj, but look at me...I am. Phone Post

Penn definitely was in prime shape and motivated, just that Rory destroyed his body. Rory is that great.

i think SHogun is the guy OP is talking about...the man is a professional with a ton of experience yet he comes into every fight slow and lethargic and on top of that, he gets tired within the first round...i dont understand whats going on..he doesnt have speed or cardio or explosiveness..its not like he is going out there and trying to throw everything he has at his oppts and gassing, that i can understand but SHogun paces himself and still is huffing and puffing after a few minutes..

Olive Garden Table For One - Shogun had exactly 5 minutes worth of cardio, then he went sloppy. Gustamante didn't hurt him and shogun did go all carwin on Brock for a whole round. He just didn't care enough about his career or the people who pay too see him fight to get in world class condition before the fight. Or in other words: do his job Phone Post

Gus didn't hurt Rua? He hurt him several times in every round.

I'm sorry to say it but you are completely fucking stupid with a fight IQ of 2, I'm not sure how deformed your mothers egg was but my god you are dense.

I mean there were points in that fight where the pain on Rua's face made me uncomfortable. Phone Post

Smith1234 -
Bry Bry - i think SHogun is the guy OP is talking about...the man is a professional with a ton of experience yet he comes into every fight slow and lethargic and on top of that, he gets tired within the first round...i dont understand whats going on..he doesnt have speed or cardio or explosiveness..its not like he is going out there and trying to throw everything he has at his oppts and gassing, that i can understand but SHogun paces himself and still is huffing and puffing after a few minutes..

But it was the Jones knee that had him gassed. And a whole slew of other excuses. Did you know that mma fighters get hit and that can sap cardio.? (Sarcasm)

LoL, another clueless poster/casual fan. Phone Post

Kostakio - 

I don't think Penn was gassed against MacDonald. He was badly hurt to the body. Phone Post

BJ was gassed after three minutes of the first round.

Shogun was once again unprepared to fight 3 x 5 rounds. He wasn't hot with anything serious in the first, he was just once again undertrained. His genetics were fine against Machida and in the mwgp, but he was in Coleman shape again.

Bj at least took some hell shots before his tank went to e. he has a reason. Shogun didn't prepare like a professional Phone Post

Like I wrote in my preview, I strongly believe Shogun just can not train hard or often enough anymore because of the multiple knee injuries he has sufferd.

You can have the best cardio in the world... if a guy like rory decides to kick and beat the shit out of your body, that cardio will disappear really really fast!

I bet BJ can go 10 rounds in sparring, going at it in a real fight is something totally different though. BJ didnt slow down because his gas tank was empty. He slowed down because he got a vicious beating. Phone Post