Laughable - Dominick Cruz ranks his top 5 MW’s of all time

Anything other than Anderson at No. 1 is wrong

9 Likes

is it because anderson popped?

Genuinely surprised Dom didn’t suck off the UFC harder. Seems like a company guy.

So did Yoel…

2 Likes

Still better than anything Troll DC says on ESPN.

:rofl:

1 Like

Dom thinks too much of himself and one of them types who thinks being a contrarian automatically makes u smart.

6 Likes

Dricus ribbed him about this. It wasn’t that smooth but basically said you’re a double champ and a legend but don’t know wtf youre talking about half the time.

Cant argue with that.

3 Likes

It’s inarguably Anderson #1, Izzy #2.

Not sure who the other ESPN guy or whoever was interviewing Mallot but in mentioning if Mallot wants to continue the Canadian legacy esp at WW, guy mentioned GSP and Rory and didn’t seem to realize there was another Canadian that won the WW title.

1 Like

It’s the ESPN way. That road was paved well before DC.

Nobody gives a fuck about doing a good job, it’s only who can say the most ridiculous fucking idiotic shit that will get a reaction that will bring eyeballs.

It’s annoying and obvious and so fucking stupid.

If DC is ever genuine with his shit takes then I truly feel sorry for his kids or anyone remotely linked to his intelligence genetics.

I don’t think he’s that fucking stupid, but I know he’s that fucking obnoxious and annoying with that shit.

1 Like

LOL @ Weidman

gtfo GIF

4 Likes

Carlos Newton?

Sadly forgotten like most dudes from that era.

But we can use more doctors so maybe he can continue that legacy!

2 Likes

But he was talking about Canadian greats and at WW. Rory was great but never a champ. Carlos was the first Canadian champ.

1 Like

I agree that Prime Weidman is one of the best fighters as in beats many of the top MWs and I think he woulda been a bad matchup for Izzy but ultimately his resume didn’t match up. He’s maybe second tier on the MW GOAT list.

Hendo throws a bit of a monkey wrench there too.

2 Likes

I’ve heard multiple fighters including Anthony Smith off the top of my head who have said Chris Weidman is the best and most technical fighter they’ve ever seen in the gym. Very hard to put him as a GOAT though with all of his losses. I think his peak was too short as well.

1 Like

Not sure if technical is the right word but he had many tools and attributes that make him a hard match for anyone in his prime. Many of those were expressed by Weidman himself but to add, in addition to wrestling, bjj, striking, chin, he also had good reach and good distance management and good run cutting. He mixed up his striking and tds well. He didn’t look as smooth as GSP but he got the job done with what he was trying to do.

1 Like

Yes. That’s exactly my point. Sadly largely forgotten.

1 Like

I’m confused. This is a real take? Cruz knows his shit, is this on purpose for ESPN? Yoel at number 2 and no Anderson? Complete joke

1 Like

Hendo would always be there.

Weidman’s skill set matches up well with just about any elite middleweight in UFC history

1 Like

Ummm…Yoel’s piss burned through the USADA cup, the carpet, the concrete and the earth all the way to China where it melted some Chinaman’s hair.

1 Like