lawler or Askren

Who do you think takes it? It's all about the takedown or defending the takedown I personally think lawler would catch Askren with some good shots but Askren mite take him down a few times. Gotta go with lawler tko or wins a close decision Phone Post 3.0

Askren. Phone Post 3.0

lawler

Lawler Phone Post 3.0

Lawler has been fighting top tier guys his whole career. Who is the best fighter askren has fought?
It's hard to go strictly based on his skills when you've never seen the guy fight a top guy. Phone Post 3.0

Id go pretty close to 50/50 on that one. I think it is a tough matchup for Lawler. I would give Ben a better chance of beating Lawler than I would him beating Hendricks, Woodly, or Lombard for that matter.

In a five rounder, if Ben survives the first two vs Lombard, I think he wins....and by think I don't mean know.

askren beats anyone on earth!

(well i hope)

I will bump thread on askren vs top 10 with update...

I'd say Askren, but seeing how much higher of competition Lawler has had in his career makes it harder to judge. Not trying to detract from Askren but he hasn't fought the same competition. The flip-side of that is that Lawler has been defeated, but askren hasn't (once again, though, the competition...) askren is really strong on the ground, while Lawler is more on the feet. If it gets to the ground I'd probably go with Askren.

In a five rounder Ben would have to avoid being dropped and get Lawler to the ground, and that's easier said than done

Askren Phone Post 3.0

Probably lawler but who knows Phone Post 3.0

SupesUp - Lawler has been fighting top tier guys his whole career. Who is the best fighter askren has fought?
It's hard to go strictly based on his skills when you've never seen the guy fight a top guy. Phone Post 3.0
People said the same shit about Benson, Cowboy and Showtime.

Askren beat Lima are only not considered top 10 WW because they don't work for Zuffa. Phone Post 3.0

TheEmperorRises -
SupesUp - Lawler has been fighting top tier guys his whole career. Who is the best fighter askren has fought?
People said the same shit about Benson, Cowboy and Showtime.

Askren beat Lima are only not considered top 10 WW because they don't work for Zuffa. Phone Post 3.0
Not sure that's the same. The wec had a ton of talent in the lighter weight classes as shown by all those guys being someone.
Its not as if any of askrens opponents went on to be anything elsewhere or people are talking about how much talent is in the 170 category in bellator.

That being said I'm not saying askren isn't a top guy, just that I don't think you can look to what he's done and say for sure. Phone Post 3.0