Lawler vs Rory 2 Fight Inducted Into The HOF

https://www.mmanews.com/news/robbie-lawler-rory-macdonald-ufc-hall-of-fame-joe-rogan

1 Like

2 Likes

One of the greatest fights of all time is getting it’s flowers, as Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald 2 will be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame.

The year was 2015, as Lawler and MacDonald faced off for the welterweight title, in a rematch that served as the co-main event of the legendary UFC 189. The two would go to war, brutalizing each other nonstop for the majority of the five round fight, before a battered Lawler, massive gash on his lip and all, defended his title when MacDonald was unable to withstand the onslaught and crumpled in the fifth round.

Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald 2 Gets HOF Induction

Even as the fight was unfolding, those lucky enough to watch Robbie Lawler vs Rory MacDonald 2 knew they were witnessing an iconic moment. Now the UFC has used the fight wing of their Hall of Fame to honor these two warriors and the performance they put on, those years ago.

During the UFC 287 broadcast, it was announced that Lawler vs MacDonald 2 would be inducted into the HOF during this year’s ceremony. Not only did this leave Joe Rogan proclaiming during commentary duty that this contest was the closest anyone has come to “expiring inside the Octagon,” but it also had fans online celebrating this announcement and paying their respects to Robbie Lawler.

One can certainly have a debate about whether or not Joe Rogan is correct in his assessment of how close to death Robbie Lawler and Rory MacDonald were during their legendary rematch, and how that compares to other contests. However, what is not up for the debate is the fact that this is a fight more than worthy of induction into the UFC Hall of Fame, and will be a welcome addition to the class of 2023.

2 Likes
1 Like

Can they just throw out everyone and get rid of all the categories and then just let around 10 guys in it? Then it would have some merit

1 Like

He was talking about Rory collapsing and then being pretty sick from swallowing so much blood during the fight. When boxers die in the ring they sometimes fall just like Rory did. He looked like death warmed over after that beating. I don’t remember any fights that were so brutal for so long since Don Frye tried to murder and maim Amaury Bitetti for 9 minutes.

1 Like

great brawl of all time doh

Rashad looks way better with long hair.

189 was a special event…i watxhed it with my best friend at the time with our headphones and when aaron lewis started rocking i was crying…full camp Mendes would have won…

They have an amazing weird techo intro too into the ppv.

The night magical

I get goosebumps thanking about the event

It was Big John that said that because Rory was drowning in his own blood.

1 Like
1 Like

Kinda shitty copy

Watching it again you can see connor is nervously keeping it together…