Leben only made 1.4 mil his whole ufc career?

Before taxes? I'm not one to complain about fighter salaries but when you hear about guys like Wanderlei making multi millions it all seems kind of arbitrary. Phone Post 3.0

Is that not a lot? I remember in high school one of my math teachers said he had just made a million dollars from teaching, he had been there over 30 years. I guess I'm missing the point. Phone Post 3.0

Source? Just curious Phone Post 3.0

Pat Giles - Is that not a lot? I remember in high school one of my math teachers said he had just made a million dollars from teaching, he had been there over 30 years. I guess I'm missing the point. Phone Post 3.0
It doesn't matter if it seems like a lot to you or I. When you compare his earnings to other professional athletes both inside and outside of MMA, his pay is extremely low. He headlined PPV's and was featured on national TV and fought for the UFC for nearly a decade. Phone Post 3.0

Damn and he blew all that on pills.. cant believe hes not dead Phone Post 3.0

I don't know about you but that seems like a lot of fuckin money to me Phone Post 3.0

He was in the UFC for 8 years.
That is 175K per year. How is that a bad salary to have for a mid level fighter?

U guys are looking at incorrectly. Yes it's a lot to everyday citizens like me and you.

But u have to judge that number based on the revenues the UFC made during his fights, and how much of that was pulled in because of lebens draw. I don't know what the answer is, but seems low to me. Especially when his highlights are shown a lot..... Anderson fight, Wanderlei fight, etc. Phone Post 3.0

CerronePoundsOnMeStrong - 
Pat Giles - Is that not a lot? I remember in high school one of my math teachers said he had just made a million dollars from teaching, he had been there over 30 years. I guess I'm missing the point. Phone Post 3.0
It doesn't matter if it seems like a lot to you or I. When you compare his earnings to other professional athletes both inside and outside of MMA, his pay is extremely low. He headlined PPV's and was featured on national TV and fought for the UFC for nearly a decade. Phone Post 3.0

Not really that different though, because you have teams that have the same value of a company as Zuffa, and have to pay far less athletes.  Hell, lets take the Clippers, who just sold for around the same price Zuffa is valued at, their payroll last year was 82 million for 18 players. Which makes an average salary of 4.5 million dollars a year (Actually salaries varied from 20 million to $507,000).  If you turned that same salary # it would average out to around $182,000/year per fighter or at an average of 3 fights per year. $60,000 per fighter per fight.  Which if you applied it to UFC 178 would add approxamatley $20,000 overall to the overall pay of the card.  And the discrepency between the top and bottom actually is smaller than it is in the NBA.

I think the best idea is to probably trim the roster by about 150 fighters and then you can easily up the pay by about 10-15%

Shut the fuck up you fucking shills.

Don't act like Chris Leben did not put asses in seats throughout his UFC career. Everyone knows that crazy, red haired nutter who peed on someone's pillow. My apologies, he only spritzed it.

Anyway, since fighters' pay is based on popularity it's apparent that Leben must have had shite management because clearly he deserved to have made much more.

jack_wilshere - Shut the fuck up you fucking shills.

Don't act like Chris Leben did not put asses in seats throughout his UFC career. Everyone knows that crazy, red haired nutter who peed on someone's pillow. My apologies, he only spritzed it.

Anyway, since fighters' pay is based on popularity it's apparent that Leben must have had shite management because clearly he deserved to have made much more.
I'm not about to shit myself over Chris leben "only" making over a million dollars for fighting in a cage.
I"m a fight fan and all but the guys famous for his ability to get punched in the face and walk forward.

I'll always watch his fights but his earnings are appropriate for where he stands in the sport IMO Phone Post 3.0

Brigham - Source? Just curious Phone Post 3.0
Chris leben.

It was surprising to me because he was one of the more well known and popular fighters in the ufc and he always brought it. Would have thought he got fat backroom bonuses. Phone Post 3.0

Thats hardly anything compared to what he helped the UFC get.. about time fighters start coming out about how the UFC has fucked them over. u fight cheap

HandyDarsh -

I'm not about to shit myself over Chris leben "only" making over a million dollars for fighting in a cage.
I"m a fight fan and all but the guys famous for his ability to get punched in the face and walk forward.

I'll always watch his fights but his earnings are appropriate for where he stands in the sport IMO Phone Post 3.0
Again. I don't complain about salaries usually but Vanderlei reportedly made around 10 million. Yes Vanderlei is big in Brazil but thay discrepancy seems not right. Phone Post 3.0

Pat Giles - Is that not a lot? I remember in high school one of my math teachers said he had just made a million dollars from teaching, he had been there over 30 years. I guess I'm missing the point. Phone Post 3.0

Do you possess any kind of skill that can be mass marketed like the UFC has with Leben?

No?

Then please tell me how your statement apply to Leben fighting in the UFC?

I'll stop short of calling you an idiot, it's not nice to pick on an halfwit.

nearly 200k a year that you know about

For a guy with multiple arrests, DUI's, drug problems, steroid use, etc.... That ain't so bad.

gokudamus - 
HandyDarsh -

Again. I don't complain about salaries usually but Vanderlei reportedly made around 10 million. Yes Vanderlei is big in Brazil but thay discrepancy seems not right. Phone Post 3.0

Why does that no seem right?

You're aware of the ENORMOUS fanbase difference in Chris Leben and Wanderlei right?

Fighter pay isn't very good, but it's like the old saying, "you can't get wealthy working for someone else". Trying to argue with the people in charge is usually fruitless, it's better to obtain your own power first. I'm not exactly sure how fighters can do this to be honest. Perhaps a union.

gokudamus -
HandyDarsh -

I know he beat wandy, which shocked nearly everyone. But if you think they're equals in the sport of MMA, just look at their resumes and it will all make sense. Phone Post 3.0

man, that's pretty fucked how newer fans shit on the guys who helped build the sport.

Please educate yourselves.