Leg lock vs punches to unconscious fighter

People seem to think getting your knee twisted and potentially having a career ending injury is worse then all of the instances of fighters hitting their opponents while they are KO'd

I ask you what is worse? Both being very wrong

1. Having career cut short due to knee injury ( I won't deny leg locks dangers)
Or

2. Not being able to remember your children's name because your opponent kept delivering blows while unconscious.

Thoughts?

Brain injury is serious people way worse then a knee injury everyone needs to wake up!

literally the 5th thread about this.

You're dealing with sports that don't lose money from someone's future (until the NFL lawsuit last week) life and do from Knee problems, what do you think they are gonna make the priority?

It took the NFL 30 years to helping their retired players and that is constant everyday almost for 17+ weeks of head bashing in practice and in the game on Sunday. AN extra shot is a cheap shot and sometimes illegal but no in the context of the MMA career there is currently only one fighter on the shelf for concussion issues and dozens for knee, and other limb problems. The variable potential damage from one cheap shot is not going to move the needle if dozens of helmet to helmet full power lunges into each other doesn't in the NFL.

Head trauma is bad, but you are fighting against all contact sports if you think they are ever going to care more than about knees. It's profit the player can generate no how his ife turns out late in capitalism + sport.

In Hockey, football, Basketball and even baseball there is more of a penalty for going after knees (2nd bass slide kick in baseball to disrupt a player going for the double play, as well as sliding into home by tackling the knees rare but it has happened) then attacking the head in any way.

ChaosOverkill - 

You're dealing with sports that don't lose money from someone's future (until the NFL lawsuit last week) life and do from Knee problems, what do you think they are gonna make the priority?

It took the NFL 30 years to helping their retired players and that is constant everyday almost for 17+ weeks of head bashing in practice and in the game on Sunday. AN extra shot is a cheap shot and sometimes illegal but no in the context of the MMA career there is currently only one fighter on the shelf for concussion issues and dozens for knee, and other limb problems. The variable potential damage from one cheap shot is not going to move the needle if dozens of helmet to helmet full power lunges into each other doesn't in the NFL.

Head trauma is bad, but you are fighting against all contact sports if you think they are ever going to care more than about knees. It's profit the player can generate no how his ife turns out late in capitalism + sport.

In Hockey, football, Basketball and even baseball there is more of a penalty for going after knees (2nd bass slide kick in baseball to disrupt a player going for the double play, as well as sliding into home by tackling the knees rare but it has happened) then attacking the head in any way.

Excellent post! I have felt that way when hearing people complain about Paul Harris but applaud others who continue pounding on an opponent after he is out. I have never looked at it from the business stand point.

Fighters should stop when a guy is out clearly.

There is no violation until the ref jumps in and stops it though.

In fact they are TOLD to continue.

But when the ref steps in crank the knee! Phone Post 3.0

Lazer MMA -
Fighters should stop when a guy is out clearly.

There is no violation until the ref jumps in and stops it though.

In fact they are TOLD to continue.
Exactly and the ref should of went str8 to Palhares and not to pierce. You never see the ref pull the unconscious fighter off so why should they go to the guy getting submitted? They should get the guy off who is submitting him. Phone Post 3.0

I've never been a fan of the "extra punch" I think they're very dangerous.

But most of the time it's because the ref hasn't gotten to the recipient in time.

And there have been plenty of times where this wasn't the case and sometimes it's hard to watch. IMO

But with Paul Harris I feel it's slightly different. He was facing the ref when the ref dove on them. I also feel it's easier to let go of a submission than it is to pull a punch when ur going all out.

I just think the dude has a major mental health issues!! Phone Post 3.0

Mat Santos -
ChaosOverkill - 

Excellent post! I have felt that way when hearing people complain about Paul Harris but applaud others who continue pounding on an opponent after he is out. I have never looked at it from the business stand point.

. Phone Post