Legendary boxing trainer Angelo Dundee passes away

Legendary boxing trainer Angelo Dundee, who worked with Muhammad Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard, has died. RIP

Passed away tonight in Miami, at 90 years old. Sad day. Best trainer ever.

^RIP Angelo Dundee

ttt Phone Post

RIP Phone Post

RIP

Kinda unexpected. R.I.P. ATG

RIP Phone Post

I remember Dundee in the corner of Sugar Ray Leonard when he fought Thomas Hearns. My dad had the TV on. I was maybe 8 or 9. Leonard was losing the fight. Over the ring mic you could hear Dundee say......"You're blowing it son!" He was brutally honest with Leonard in the corner. Leonard came out motivated and ended up knocking Hearns out.

That is what good coaches do....no bullshit, no sugar coating. Seeing that as a kid without knowing shit about boxing or boxing coaching, I just knew he was a great coach.

Sad to see him go, but what a fucking career!

RIP

Spidermonkey - I remember Dundee in the corner of Sugar Ray Leonard when he fought Thomas Hearns. My dad had the TV on. I was maybe 8 or 9. Leonard was losing the fight. Over the ring mic you could hear Dundee say......"You're blowing it son!" He was brutally honest with Leonard in the corner. Leonard came out motivated and ended up knocking Hearns out.

That is what good coaches do....no bullshit, no sugar coating. Seeing that as a kid without knowing shit about boxing or boxing coaching, I just knew he was a great coach.

Sad to see him go, but what a fucking career!

As the legend goes, when Clay (Ali) couldnt see after he was blinded by the stuff on Liston's gloves, Clay wanted to quit, but Dundee washed out his eyes and told him to "RUN!" The rest is history!
RIP.

RIP GOAT.

RIP Best boxing coach of his era,don't make them like that any more.

RIP to another Legend.

Passing of a boxing legend. RIP Phone Post

Fuck that sucks. RIP

RIP.  One of the best ever.  Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and read "My view from the corner"; his autobiography.  Great read.  

RIP

RIP

RIP