Lets talk Denis Kang

Before Dennis Kang started training at ATT, Kalib would have probably beat him. Right now, I think Dennis has improved so much and gain too much experience for Kalib to deal with. But in time, I think Kalib can catch him. But I dont think they are going to fight each other anytime soon unless one become a Champion and the other the become the no1 cotender.

Anthony ,

you train at ATT ? When exactly do you see Kaleb train there ? I'm callin bullshit.

ttt

Nice post, EvilMaster. That's almost exactly what I thought.

I remember seeing Kang fight in Pancrase and thinking he was a guy who "looked pretty good in defeat" - but that he would never really amount to anything more than just that.

I took some notice when I heard he dominated Semenov in Russia (when Semenov was still a top guy), but got robbed there with a draw.

Then he went to ATT and won some fights in Korea and became a draw over there because of his Korean heritage.

But still, I wasn't sold. I still had that image of him being the scrub from Pancrase.

But after he KO-ed Ninja and tooled Suloev, I was sold.

Boy was I ever wrong in dismissing him. Legit top ten, maybe top five guy at 185 right now, and an exciting fighter as well.

I can't think of another guy who has risen as high as he has and become truly world-class from such mediocre beginnings.

"Kang chose to fight in Pride over the UFC primarily because he was trying to build on his Korean popularity."

If by "trying to build on his Korean popularity" you mean "unhappy that Dana wanted to put him on TUF". You are correct.

Kang is definitely a better fighter now than earlier in his career. Aside from his loss to Misaki in the PRIDE finals he hasn't lost since '03.

He is one of the most well rounded fighters competing today. Good standup, bjj black belt, very dedicated to his training, and is mentally strong. It is only a matter of time before he is a Champion. And he is an awesome teammate and training partner.

No disrespect to Kalib, but he's not on the same level as Denis.

American Top Team

"First off, there is no way he stops Hermans take downs secondly Kalib is way to tall for him and would give him major problems."

"Kalib would submit him at will"

Denis Kang is high-level and whoever (TUF RULZ) believes that Herman and Kalib could compete with him is just insane. There is no comparison because those guys couldn't hang with the Denis Kang of today. Denis would crush both of those guys.

dbl post

Denis would mop the floor with Kalib or Herman.

BTW, hes broken his hand 3 times (Doerksen, Semenov, and recently in Spirit Korea). Each time he fought through.
Becuz of this, he is the Arturo Gatti of MMA.

In addition to that, he fought in the Pride Bushido final with a torn bicep. Kalib gave up becuz of his rib, which is still painfull, but still.

Anthony ,

you train at ATT ? When exactly do you see Kaleb train there ? I'm callin bullshit.

-=-=-=

Sorry I missed this post.

Yes, I train at ATT, and I've seen Kalib at ATT quite a few times.

Would you like to make a screen name bet about it?

Denis is an amazing fighter. Incredible athlete and strong as hell. One of the best.

I got a friend up in Vancouver that trains at Soares'. I was to understand that Kang didn't really want to push the Korean heritage thing but got wrapped up in a contract with a Korean promotion and therefore was kinda lead into the Korean aspect (kinda like Rampage entering PRIDE against Saku and being homeless.) From what I understood he wants to push the Candian aspect. I could be wrong.

Nothing wrong with being a Canuck.

Anthony,

If you do train at ATT you must know who I am . I still have a feeling you dont train there.You are definetly not a fighter,betting a screenname and all. Grow up faggot.

Ut Oh.... Anthony, Can u please share w/ the rest of us who u r?

Localhero,

Sorry I don't know who you are, nor did I start with the name calling. If the screen name bet made you feel I was threatning you, sorry, it was done in jest, with a tinge of truth to it. I have seen Kalib there, and if you can't take a light hearted joke, well, fuck you then. <<< Another joke, just in case you get pissed off again.

Carlao gave me the nickname "Chino", but JZ said I looked alot like "Mighty Moe". I'm thinking of keeping Mighty Moe, Chino blows.

I train with Shark every night, except weds. I do basket weaving that night. I've also trained with Danillo, and if we are both ATT brothers, let's have a beer at Brown's party and compare notes instead of starting shit on the UG, eh?

Oh, and my first MMA fight (Amateur) is May 12th, 2007. I'm living a dream. :)

Local Hero,

Might as well fill you in the times I've seen Kalib at ATT, since I've been called a faggot and must defend all faggots from being called liars.

One night he was taking Jorge's no gi class. That was about 3 weeks ago, approx. I remember specifically this night, because I got armbarred, heard one click before I tapped. It was about a week before Jorge went to fight at Bodog. Then I saw him about 2 or 3 days later shadowboxing in the ring closest to the hanging thai bags.

Me and another guy watched him for a bit. He's much smaller than I thought he would be. I'd still wouldn't want no piece of him though.

good luck with your first fight

Thanks Hessian! :)

On another note, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm supposed to know who Local Hero is by his screen name.

He's probably gonna be pissed about that too, and call me bad names. :(

Anthony, click on his screen name.  =)

Good luck with your fight.