Liddell-I would have knocked out Jones in my prime

JBJ would quickly un-prime a prime Chuck.

I wonder what the reaction would have been if JBJ said something like this:)

iwatchsomemma - JBJ would quickly un-prime a prime Chuck.

If this was the other way around people would be calling for the decapitation of JBJ. Phone Post 3.0

UFC Tonight's Twitter said that Jones would welcome "SuperFight" with Chuck if he would come out of retirement. Wish this was 10 years ago. When asked about Chuck saying he would KO Jones he said "come on chuck, knock it off" Phone Post 3.0

chuck was a tough customer and a very good fighter, i sincerely think that jones is on another level talent wise and chuck's power is just not enough to offset that

I think Bones is a much better fighter but I do think this would be a bad match up for him. Chuck could wrestle, keep the distance and nail him.

JerodR - 
Johnny Mclain - Jon Jones has only fought one fighter in his prime.

And he lost to him.

Gus.

Machida is currently in his prime IMO.

the rest of those guys had peaked long ago.

So when Jones beat Machida, Machida was not in his prime but he is now.. ok. Rashad knocked out Chuck, but I'm sure he must have been in his prime and Chuck was not. Of course Rashad was not in his prime when Jones schooled him. When Shogun beat Chuck he was in his prime and apparently when Jones destroyed Shogun and took the title Shogun was past his prime even though he was the champ. So Gus was in his prime when he fought Jones and apparently he won but for some reason Jones got to hang onto the belt. So when Jones fights Gus again will Gus be past his prime if he loses again or if he wins will that mean that he is finally in his prime, but was not in his prime when he fought Jones the first time?

Its really cool how all you have to do is use the magic word "prime" and you can sway anything in your direction. Here is the reality like it or not. Jones is the champ, and has been the champ. The one and only loss is because he was beating someone's ass so bad that the ref made a stupid call and disqualified him. Sure, the Gus fight was close and could have gone either way and I wouldn't be upset but Jones did get the win. Gus did not do enough to take the belt. Call it what it is, prime or not, but Jones has beat them all. Chuck as great as he was, did not.

Chuck should come back and fight him then. In his last fight he looked great until the KO. His weakness at the end was his chin, and Jones is not a big power puncher.

iwatchsomemma - JBJ would quickly un-prime a prime Chuck.

that first lined had me rolling...i completely concur with all of this

I'm sorry, but isn't Liddell supposed to be in some sort of executive position with Zuffa?

Is it really appropriate for him to be in the media musing about how he would have beaten Jones in his prime and rehashing that UFC 151 nonsense when Jones has got a title defense in a few days?

Same goes for Sonnen, who also has an upcoming fight.

But hey, I guess we're talking about the same company that appoints a guy like Matt Hughes to be in charge of "fighter relations" and lets their president shit all over the biggeest star that the promotion ever had.

pharochuck - 
THE_REAL_AMERICAN - 

Chuck wins...  Jones family reacts...  Cecils Pupils still sucks... BAD

not quite sure if i'm missing the joke entirely since that's not jones family.

It's cuz to THE REAL AMERICAN all black families look alike.

pharochuck -

chuck was a tough customer and a very good fighter, i sincerely think that jones is on another level talent wise and chuck's power is just not enough to offset that

I think that we will find out about Jones' chin once and for all when he fights Tex. Provided Glover hits him clean once we will know if Chuck's theory has any merit. Phone Post 3.0

Glover is Jones toughest test to date imo. Gustaffson was a stylistic nightmare for Jones because he equaled his size, but Glover has the ability to put Jones out. That is the great equalizer, raw power. The big "IF" for me will be if Glover can stop the takedown. If he manages to get a takedown himself it's all over. Phone Post 3.0

JBJ would smash Chuck of 2003 and now Phone Post 3.0

Here is the honest reason for chucks comment, IMHO. He is a fighter. Anyone who has ever competed at a serious level has to have the mindset that they are indestructible. Jones already said he thinks that he is arrogant to a point. U have to have that in order to gather the testicular fortitude necessary to step in and fight. I have money on chuck in any fight just because of legacy and attitude. I think it would have been a hell of a fight. I would pay to see it now. Phone Post 3.0

JerodR - 
Johnny Mclain - Jon Jones has only fought one fighter in his prime.

And he lost to him.

Gus.

Machida is currently in his prime IMO.

the rest of those guys had peaked long ago.

So when Jones beat Machida, Machida was not in his prime but he is now.. ok. Rashad knocked out Chuck, but I'm sure he must have been in his prime and Chuck was not. Of course Rashad was not in his prime when Jones schooled him. When Shogun beat Chuck he was in his prime and apparently when Jones destroyed Shogun and took the title Shogun was past his prime even though he was the champ. So Gus was in his prime when he fought Jones and apparently he won but for some reason Jones got to hang onto the belt. So when Jones fights Gus again will Gus be past his prime if he loses again or if he wins will that mean that he is finally in his prime, but was not in his prime when he fought Jones the first time?

Its really cool how all you have to do is use the magic word "prime" and you can sway anything in your direction. Here is the reality like it or not. Jones is the champ, and has been the champ. The one and only loss is because he was beating someone's ass so bad that the ref made a stupid call and disqualified him. Sure, the Gus fight was close and could have gone either way and I wouldn't be upset but Jones did get the win. Gus did not do enough to take the belt. Call it what it is, prime or not, but Jones has beat them all. Chuck as great as he was, did not.

I LOL'D

...And Voted The Fuck Up.

Here's the thing - the UFC keep saying that each and every oppomnent that faces Jones is his toughest test and a real threat.  Bullshit.

I predict that Glover will land bombs and Jones will not get KO'd.  I predict that even if Glover gets a takedown it's not all over for Jones.  I predict that each and every bad situation that could possibly happen in this fight will happen, and Jones will still win.  He is that good.

All the haterade in the world won't change the fact that Jones is the best in his division, and is the best LHW of all time.  The sooner you all get on board with that the sooner we can all have normal exchanges on these boards.

Glover will not be a true test for Jones, nor will he be his toughest test, he will be yet another speed bump in the road for him.  I will agree that Gus was his toughest test, and I further agree that a rematch will happen at some point, but Gus will get beat again, just like every sinlge opponent that Jones has faced.  And anyone who truly feels that Gus beat him needs to rewatch the fight and bone-up on how to score a round.

cecils_pupils -

Here's the thing - the UFC keep saying that each and every oppomnent that faces Jones is his toughest test and a real threat.  Bullshit.

I predict that Glover will land bombs and Jones will not get KO'd.  I predict that even if Glover gets a takedown it's not all over for Jones.  I predict that each and every bad situation that could possibly happen in this fight will happen, and Jones will still win.  He is that good.

All the haterade in the world won't change the fact that Jones is the best in his division, and is the best LHW of all time.  The sooner you all get on board with that the sooner we can all have normal exchanges on these boards.

Glover will not be a true test for Jones, nor will he be his toughest test, he will be yet another speed bump in the road for him.  I will agree that Gus was his toughest test, and I further agree that a rematch will happen at some point, but Gus will get beat again, just like every sinlge opponent that Jones has faced.  And anyone who truly feels that Gus beat him needs to rewatch the fight and bone-up on how to score a round.

Just saving this for posterity. Phone Post 3.0

BreakALegAndy! - 
leftlegtrumpcard - Here is the honest reason for chucks comment, IMHO. He is a fighter. Anyone who has ever competed at a serious level has to have the mindset that they are indestructible. Jones already said he thinks that he is arrogant to a point. U have to have that in order to gather the testicular fortitude necessary to step in and fight. I have money on chuck in any fight just because of legacy and attitude. I think it would have been a hell of a fight. I would pay to see it now. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

if you would put money on chuck you should be willing to put money on glover. glover is all around a better fighter...so put your money where your mouth is.

Mix6APlix - No. Chuck would have been tossed to the ground and elbowed until the ref stepped in.

This is the truth, like it or not.

BreakALegAndy! - 
epwar -
Steven McTowelie - If they were both in their prime's, Jones would never want to fuck chuck. Phone Post 3.0

Right.  Jones is always hiding from the top guys like Shogun, Rashad, Rampage, Vitor, Gustaffson, and Machida.

Ducked Chael, had big issues with a Machida rematch and was trying to play matchmaker for DC an Gus, I'm sure if try were both in their primes Jones wouldn't just agree to fight Chuck without some sort of bitch and whining. He even bitched about fighting Glover. Phone Post 3.0

so he ducked a guy he that he fought and smashed?

and he didn't want to fight a guy who he put to sleep and dropped on his head...and who was offered the fight again, turned it down then couldn't get back to the title shot?

and he wont fight gus or dc even though he already fought gus and is going to fight gus again and dc if he earns it?

ok guy, ok.