Lightning won't strike twice for Mr. Dos Santos

Listen, I'm a big JDS fan, but the only thing Dos Santos is walking away worth Saturday is a lumpy forehead and a black eye.

Also, look for Roy Nelson with the surprising first worst KO of Cormier. Also, Diego gets his second TKO loss ever in the second round thiis Saturday at the hands of El Nino. Phone Post

agree Phone Post

Whatever makes your apple jump Phone Post

I saw jds here at the ice rink I run in houston tx. Great guy. The ufc film crew wanted to get him on the ice for the countdown show but I think someone at the ufc office vetoed that. Can't be running the risk of jds getting hurt with a fall. True story. Phone Post

Now I'm even more sure JDS will win.

JDS via ko and lol at Nelson winning. Phone Post 3.0

Stephen Holder - It most certianly won't.

Most fans would never admit this but 'a punchers chance' refers to the fact that Kalib Starnes could theoritcally ko Anderson Silva in a fight. Is it likely? Not even remotely but it is possible. People get caught all the time. Throw in the legitimacy of Cain's injury in the first fight and its not hard to see how luck and circumstance factored into junior's win.

What Cain did to Junior could never in a million years be misconstrued as luck. It was the most dominated a ufc champion has ever been. There is no other way to describe it..

JDS was pretty much out of the fight after getting rocked with a big overhand in the first round that he never recovered from. I don't think the 2nd fight proved more than the first fight did, except that it is physically impossible for Cain to finish JDS no matter what happens.

Stephen Holder - It most certianly won't.

Most fans would never admit this but 'a punchers chance' refers to the fact that Kalib Starnes could theoritcally ko Anderson Silva in a fight. Is it likely? Not even remotely but it is possible. People get caught all the time. Throw in the legitimacy of Cain's injury in the first fight and its not hard to see how luck and circumstance factored into junior's win.

What Cain did to Junior could never in a million years be misconstrued as luck. It was the most dominated a ufc champion has ever been. There is no other way to describe it..
Another way to describe it would be a 'dominant decision'.

I think the 'most dominant a ufc champ has ever been' in a fight is incorrect. Phone Post 3.0

OP is a known failure when it comes to predictions.

Stan Wang - Ando probably dominated Franklin worse, but off the top of my head i cant think of any other time a champ has been so thoroughly destroyed.
That would be mine too. That was murder. I think Cain beat Brock worse than JDS as well. Phone Post 3.0

You can never count out a guy with the power Jds has. One punch can change a fight. Lots of fighters have gotten one punched ko's when losing. Just look at Kim vs Silva. Phone Post 3.0

Guess we'll find out this coming weekend! Phone Post

Gilbert via decision, Cormier via decision and jds via TKO Phone Post 3.0

Fuck this is such a good card :) Phone Post 3.0

I think JDS takes the third fight. I like them both, and they are very evenly matched, but JDS just didn't look right in the last fight.

Stephen Holder - It most certianly won't.

Agreed.

I know Cain got knocked out by Junior, but the rematch SHOULD have been the final straw. That was a BEATING by Cain.

In all my time as an MMA fan I can't remember a beatdown like that at that level. Maybe Penn/Gomi or Nog/Fedor I (well, shades of it) but that was too one-sided to justify a rematch, IMO.

Cain all the way, he's shown to be a beast in all areas. Phone Post

Junior was worrying too much about the takedown and got caught reallly hard with his hands down and never recovered. Cain laid a beating on him, but he couldn't finish a rocked Junior. Phone Post 3.0

DyldoWilly - Junior was worrying too much about the takedown and got caught reallly hard with his hands down and never recovered. Cain laid a beating on him, but he couldn't finish a rocked Junior. Phone Post 3.0

True, but the domination of him was embarrassing.

i was super impressed by JDS toughness in the 2nd fight. cains punch that caught him in rd 1, which yes he landed and worked had for fair and square, was a bomb but jds hung in there and even started to recover a bit by like round 3 or 4. that was an incredible display of will and staying in the fight and i rank with the fans who say both fights were decided by one punch.