Lindland/ Horn SPOlLER!

Lindland by TKO rd 2

Jeremy Horn (Pictures) vs. Matt Lindland (Pictures)
Round 1
Matt comes out aggressivly, striking his way in. Horn covers up and both men regroup. Lindland throws Horn to the mat and tries to get his patented "choke slam" which is eerily reminicient of a guillotine choke. Horn defends like the veteran he is and the fighters work to a stalemate. Lindland backs Horn into the corner and drops a couple foot stomps on him before body locking him back to the mat. Horn gets right back up only to be met by Lindland's fists. "The Law" looks confident and is controlling the match. Horn throws a crazy knee from the clinch but Lindland just slams him to the mat and pounds away until the bell. Sherdog scores the opening round 10-9 for Lindland.

Round 2
Lindland looking confident on his feet and only moments into the second round he dropped Horn with a textbook left hook. Horn valiently tried to defend but he was not coherent and Lindland pounded away until referee Dave Hagan stepped in. Horn was out of it and tried to defend against Hagan until he realized it wasn't Lindland. He immediately protested but it was clear it was a good stoppage.

I'm surprised at the tko aspect.

I remember when Jermey had a great chin.

Fantastic win for Lindland.

the fact that lindland stopped him faster than chuck says a lot indeed

This arguably puts Lindland at #1 at MW. He's destroying the BJJ/sub guys. Not like theres a Nog at MW but still. Controversially losing to Rampage and now finishing Horn?

Before Lindland get Franklin, i wanna see him avenge Terrel.

Fantastic win for Lindland.

Yep , Yep !!!! Woogie !

Wasn't this fight at 205???

["The IFL insisted it be at that weight."]

On the radio, Lindland made it sound like it was Jeremy's insistance.

Lindland is definitely #1 at 185; even if the rankings don't have him there, in terms of who the best fighter is at that weight, it's Matt for sure.

LOL @ the UFC for getting rid of Lindland because he wasn't pretty enough for the TUF noobs.

Date: 09/10/06 03:02 AM
4787 Total Posts Ignore User

I had Horn ranked at #9 or #10 at 185 lbs before this fight. Even that could have been debated. I think he is officially out of the Top Ten for sure now.

Who would you rank above him, out of curiosity?

"LOL @ the UFC for getting rid of Lindland because he wasn't pretty enough for the TUF noobs."

You are clueless, son.

ttt

Lindland's been fighting OFTEN this year at different weight classes. And dominating, even against Rampage IMO.

Since I stopped getting UFC PPVs, I can't remember the last time Franklin fought. Was it Louiseau?

"no way horn is top 20 @ 185"

Right...with guys like Chris Leben & Nate Quarry there's just no way Jeremy Horn can compete.

/sarcasm

I don't remember anyone ever finishing Horn, like really finishing him, and sure as hell not in the 2nd round. Not even Chuck could do that.

So no we've see Lindland look good againt Rampage, some would say he even won that fight, and now he finishes Horn in 2. UFC's credibility went out the window when they let this guy go. He is a top 3 MW for sure, if not #1.

BTW - Congrats to Lindland. Sounds like he fought awesome, and continues to fight the toughest guys out there.

Date: 09/10/06 11:10 AM
318 Total Posts Ignore User

Lindland's been fighting OFTEN this year at different weight classes. And dominating, even against Rampage IMO.

Since I stopped getting UFC PPVs, I can't remember the last time Franklin fought. Was it Louiseau?

Franklin broke his hand and his foot fighting Louiseau, and has been medically suspended since then. Before that, he was one of the busier top UFC fighters; I don't think he let more than four or five months go by without fighting.

Franklin/Lindland would be a great matchup. Bad matchup for Franklin, imo.

"no way horn is top 20 @ 185 "

Name 20 185'ers that are better than him then

Getting beat by Lindland doesn't make Horn not a top 20 fighter you morons!

I thought Lindland deserved the decision against Rampage and he is obviously #2 at 185.

I think Lindland would take Franklin and that's why the UFC got rid of Lindland.

Lindland is the man and Horn just got beat by #2, but he is still top 10 or 15 at 185.