List of Rickson's record (400-1)

graciesrule - I want to know Rickson real comp record. Besides Sambo I guarented he lost in wrestling at the Pan ams as well. He should be able to at least give an accurate Bjj comp record, there wasn't that many high level guys to compete against in the 1980's.

I'm pretty certain his BJJ record in Brazil was undefeated. If anyone had ever beaten him you could be sure that person would have made sure every single person in the jiu-jitsu world knew about it and would have everyone training with them. I think the closest anyone ever came was Sergio Penha. Open Mat Radio guys could probably give more information.

^ undefeated as a black belt, he has talked about losing as a 15 year old green belt in competition. He did lose to Carlos Antonio Rosando(Carlson <br />'S only red belt)as a black belt but this was a dojo rolling match, not a tourney.

graciesrule - ^ undefeated as a black belt, he has talked about losing as a 15 year old green belt in competition. He did lose to Carlos Antonio Rosando(Carlson <br />'S only red belt)as a black belt but this was a dojo rolling match, not a tourney.

Right. I thought you were specifically asking about adult competition record, maybe I should have been more specific. Sadly, I don't think there is anything in the way of records from back then to say just how many matches he had. Maybe Hywel Teague can provide some help here.

What about the rolling session between him and Rolls on the Gracie Documentary?

^ Rickson was 21 and Rolls 28. I think Rickson did excellent considering.

"He did lose to Carlos Antonio Rosando(Carlson's only red belt)as a black belt but this was a dojo rolling match, not a tourney."

Any more info on this?

He went close to tapping me when we rolled but I was tired. I'm 40, 5 foot 5 and 140 pounds. I do have a purple belt. I think I was his 305'th victory although he only told me after the event that he was keeping score.

The only thing I found a little funny was the fact that after the role he told me he that was going down on his record. I thought it was just a typical role where the point is that you don't keep score.