LMAO @ Modern MMA fighters

this other thread got me thinking of how watered down and easy it is for anyone off the streets to become an MMA fighter, it's sad really what we have become...

No more 1 night tournaments, those tourneys were for true gladiators only, made them see what they were made of deep down inside, a shit load of new rules, you cant do this, you cat do that, "ok we're gonna leave it up to douchebags A,B,and C to determine who is the winner here"

what really waters this sport down is, any Joe off the street can start training and in 2 months they can either decide to fight professionally or amatuer...I've seen this too many times...you CANNOT do that in Boxing,you will get eaten up and you would decide to do something else with your life. which is why I believe this sport will never get the respect it needs, it's all dana white's fault to. sad sad sad..

http://i53.tinypic.com/jj4v94.jpg

Lol @ this thread. I just watched ufc 12 again this weekend....those guys would get murdered now. The talent pool is bigger and will grow with the education of the masses. Get over it man. Everything evolves. Phone Post

who is making it to the big leagues after 2 months of training? who has a professional contract?

OP has gone full retard. Most of today's overnight successes have been over a decade in the making...and a lot of those same stars fade into oblivion in less than 2 years. show another sport with that of flame out rate for seasoned stars.

Awful thread. Phone Post

sacredhate - who is making it to the big leagues after 2 months of training? who has a professional contract?

OP has gone full retard. Most of today's overnight successes have been over a decade in the making...and a lot of those same stars fade into oblivion in less than 2 years. show another sport with that of flame out rate for seasoned stars.

I was exaggerating a bit, but I've seen PLENTY of people that just started mma training and were already fighting in promotions wether it be pro or amatuer, and if you havent seen that, then you are comepletely out of the loop and are an armchair keyboard warrior type.

Lmao @ that gif! Phone Post

Big deal, any tomato can can also be a professional boxer,so what?how many tomato cans become world champions? Phone Post

Same thing in boxing though.  There are tons of small boxing events all over the country every week.  You probably don't pay attention to them because youre into MMA.

Name me one fighter back in the day that beats a current champ now.... Phone Post

Prime Ken Shamrock beats Frankie Edgar easily. Phone Post

Typical internet tough guy.

leftlegtrumpcard - 

Lol @ this thread. I just watched ufc 12 again this weekend....those guys would get murdered now.

Actually most of the modern fighters would get damaged if they were sent back in time to the early UFC's.

Little rules, tournaments where you have to fight multiple times in one night, fighting bare knuckle and fighting multiple fights with a broken hand.

murr25 - 

Name me one fighter back in the day that beats a current champ now....

Maurice Smith

xcouturefan -
leftlegtrumpcard - 

Lol @ this thread. I just watched ufc 12 again this weekend....those guys would get murdered now.

Actually most of the modern fighters would get damaged if they were sent back in time to the early UFC's.

Little rules, tournaments where you have to fight multiple times in one night, fighting bare knuckle and fighting multiple fights with a broken hand.

If Royce, Ken, and Severn could pull it off....do u really think Cain, jones, silva, gsp...couldn't? Lol ur genius showing, and it's small. Phone Post

Matt A Tat Tat On Dat Azz - 
sacredhate - who is making it to the big leagues after 2 months of training? who has a professional contract?

I was exaggerating a bit, but I've seen PLENTY of people that just started mma training and were already fighting in promotions wether it be pro or amatuer, and if you havent seen that, then you are comepletely out of the loop and are an armchair keyboard warrior type.

lol go to any RITC and you will see people in the cage that have trained for two months total.

My friend went 6-2 in KOTC as a purple belt 6 years ago. He could not believe how bad some of his competitors were.

This was in and around AZ

yeah because kimbo isn't some joe of the street..

aceohare - yeah because kimbo isn't some joe of the street..

He's not. He's a legit fighter, just has shitty knees so he can't do shit in MMA.

Granted, he's not going to be fighting for a title anytime soon. But he could have a pretty decent boxing career. And if his knees weren't jacked, he woulda had a decent MMA career as well.

since it has become a chem-sport it is pretty easy for blokes to jump into the cage and earn a few quid.

zFugitive - 
aceohare - yeah because kimbo isn't some joe of the street..

He's not. He's a legit fighter, just has shitty knees so he can't do shit in MMA.

Granted, he's not going to be fighting for a title anytime soon. But he could have a pretty decent boxing career. And if his knees weren't jacked, he woulda had a decent MMA career as well.

he started to late and personally i dont think he has the drive and commitment that a lot of the top mma fighters do..