LOL! ONLY 1 PERSON TO BLAME...

DANA. I know it may be a little early for a reality check,BUT "here we go"!

if the card was solid top to bottom it still would have sold

bones obviously has the right to turn down an opponent or else he would have been forced to fight. contract was for hendo...

jackson's job is to protect the interest of his fighter. chael couldn't sell this fight to realistic fans who believe he poses no threat to bones...especially in under 10 days...

machida turned down the fight too...until sept.

fans will always pick the low hanging fruit, but reality is the man at the top should take the blame regardless of who he tries to throw under the bus...

truth

shit card without the main event intact

Damn you Dana for injuring koscheck and hendo!! Phone Post

I agree with this thread.

Dana also could have offered the fight to Gustaffson, Glover, or a number of HWs to have a one off fight at HW.

He didn't. He offered Jones a fucking JOKE. Chael Sonnen has no right to be anywhere near a title fight at 205.

yeah he finally got burned for these top heavy cards

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

I've been saying this also. Dana should have contingency plans already set up and agreed upon by both parties in case of shit like this.

Dana's dream of using the boxing PPV model has just blown up in his face.

Fugazi - I've been saying this also. Dana should have contingency plans already set up and agreed upon by both parties in case of shit like this.

in the future i believe he will,but he stretched the roster to thin by having to make all these cards w/ the FOX contract. zuffa is a victim of their growth and success...

Print - lol@people thinking Dana single handily runs the ufc

this forum acts so clueless sometimes

blaf did all he could do

Respectfully disagree...

Let this be a lesson to Dana and Co.

At the very LEAST, title fights should already have a contingency plan prepared and a replacement fighter already agreed upon by both parties.

I'm pissed at JBJ for turning down the fight with Sonnen, but it is within his rights to do so. However, had Jones turned down an already agreed upon replacement, then there would be grounds for stripping him of his title.

Print - I mean correct me if Im wrong but is Jones not employed by the ufc to fight?
And at the end of the day it's not really up to him who he fights

So essentially he's not doing his job so I can see where the zuffa mafia may be unhappy with his selfish actions

then why isn't he being sued for breach of contract?

RJJH -  what pisses me off the most about this is that UFC 149 was destroyed by injuries and the card took place as planned, no refunds or even a hint of cancelling it.

1 fucking injury to a guy 2 cards later and this whole card is scrapped.

what a fucking joke the UFC is. I am glad they dont get any of my money.

That card atleast had Faber, titel fight, Lomard, Kongo.

This card would be what?

149 is a better card than 151 without Jones/Hendo.

I guess by Dana you mean the UFC.

it's a company where believe it or not, Dana does not create the cards.

thread shows some ignorance

Op knows

There'd have been a better under-card if we hadn't just gotten a bunch of good fights for free on Fox. BTW, good fights for free is proof that the UFC hasn't gone over to the boxing model.

subwrassler - I guess by Dana you mean the UFC.

it's a company where believe it or not, Dana does not create the cards.

thread shows some ignorance

YES, but when you put yourself out there...

also he screwed the fans over who wanted to see the undercard...

TTT