lol @ Uno / Tibau size difference

TUFF-N-UFF - 
Tomato Can - Isn't BJ Penn naturally around 165?

BJ walks around at 265 and cuts a lot for fights.

Indeed-- BJ looks like he could make 145 without too much of a problem but is never outmuscled at 155 (and I'm a BJ hater).

orcus - 
BROTHER WISDOM - WTF Tibau looks as big as Thiago Alves

That's what's fascinating. Alves is always said to be huge at 170, but Tibau is listed as 5'10" to Alves's 5'9" and looks almost as thick.

tibau is def not 5'10", he's the same height as Jeremy Stephens, who we know is around 5'6.

here's a link to their staredown pic at weigh ins

http://mmaaddicts.com/dann/ufcfightnight18/gleison-tibau-jeremy-stephens.jpg

whistleblower - 
grenade - uno lost every big fight in his career. He was close to like top 10, but never really cracked it. He never won a big fight and could never beat a LW inside the top 15.

Holy noob post. Every single clause there was so thoroughly, purely noob wrong.

hahaha, I love it when you dish out the supreme mma pwnage, doesn't happen enough.

^ yeah, idk why the UFC exaggerates height like that, its a very pro-wrestling thing to do. it seems unprofessional to me and just gets silly sometimes.

I feel like the reach measurements are similarly skewed, but there's no way to check up on that.

Not just UFC, the Japanese orgs definitely have done it too.

its kind of adorable though

"Noobs say the darnedest, most previously unthinkable things."

KTT_Minowa - Uno is so cute <3

Also, weight cutting isn't unknown in Japan ffs. Ishida, Kawajiri, Okami, Miyata etc...

Lol, Ishida is pretty the same size as Uno or even smaller. He def looks like a FW.

whoabro - 
TUFF-N-UFF - 
Tomato Can - Isn't BJ Penn naturally around 165?

BJ walks around at 265 and cuts a lot for fights.

Indeed-- BJ looks like he could make 145 without too much of a problem but is never outmuscled at 155 (and I'm a BJ hater).

Im wondering why people say this when BJ has never looked smaller than any of his LW opponents ever.

Just like GSP is this giant, freakishly sized WW when he's been smaller than his last 3 WW opponents.

grenade - uno lost every big fight in his career. He was close to like top 10, but never really cracked it. He never won a big fight and could never beat a LW inside the top 15.

Since Ive only starting watching Tito after his rematch to Chuck, I feel the same way about Tito.

Ditto with Chuck after his second loss to Rampage.

Same with Strikeforce Frank.

Wasa-B -  

Since Ive only starting watching Tito after his rematch to Chuck, I feel the same way about Tito.

Ditto with Chuck after his second loss to Rampage.

Same with Strikeforce Frank.

I see what you did there haha

Tibau is on juice big time.

Newest FightMatrix LW rankings, Tibau has smashed his way into the top 20 while Gomi is very nearly out of it:

1. Penn

2. Aoki

3. Florian

4. Alvarez

5. Kawajiri

6. Maynard

7. Edgar

8. Sanchez

9. Hirota

10. Melendez

11. Miller

12. Sotiropolous

13. Griffin

14. Tibau

15. Pellegrino

16. Palomino

17. Masvidal

18. Stevenson

19. Yokota

20. Gomi 

Pikes - Whistleblower- I think you missed Windfall's point. He was saying Grenade was probably only talking about 2005-2010 because that's as long as he's been watching MMA...ya know, a noob joke?

Oh man. LMAO @ me. My apologies to Windfall, that "noob joke" and TUF reference went completely over my head. My sarcasm-detection chip seriously needs an upgrade.
whistleblower - "In all fairness," I'M an idiot. "For obvious reasons."

Fixed.

fightmatrix has some decent rankings.

Wasa-B - 
CRBMoney14 - 
ranier wolfcastle -  keep in mind uno did well vs aoki

Completely controlled with zero offense= did well

And Aoki would be a 145'er if he had to deal with the 155 UFC division and/or stopped ducking Crusher.

Aoki's pretty big for 155. Dude is close to 6' tall.

aoki was a top 10 WW at one point not too long ago.

He beat shields and kikuchi. Two legit guys taht were top 10 at the time.

WEight isn't everything like the UFC would have you believe.

yah. Aoki is a tall and lanky dude

I am not for only one weigh in on the day of the fight,,, but this fight and others are showing that it is getting out of hand.

How about regular weigh in the night before like it currently is done, then a second weigh ijust before the wraps get put on and cleared. Fighters have to be within 10 lbs of the weight. Tibeau would have had to be 165 or less.

This would make the fights more competitive because you would get in your true weight class

I would at least like to see them do "day of fight" weigh-ins just so the viewing audience knows how big the guys are when they step into the cage. HBO does this for most of their boxing cards.