Looks Like Anderson is Leaving his Gloves in The Cage

It would have been great if Anderson had realized that five years ago, but better now than in 2022 or 2023.

Legend.

7 Likes

Yes , Untimely Exit imo

3 months from now…

BELLATOR SIGNS SILVA FOR FEDOR DREAM FIGHT

9 Likes

Was hoping Rumble or Yoel

Definitely has nothing to prove

He purposely said MMA.

He’s for sure still going to try to box.

1 Like

correct

It’s truly unfortunate. Foresight is something great warriors usually lack. If he left after the second Weidman fight, his legacy would be remembered for how great it was.
Compare that to GSP who was ridiculed when he left after the Hendricks fight. He did some time to heal and took the MW belt.
We look fondly now on GSP and his dominance. Anderson will always be a P4P god in my book, but like Penn, in most eyes he’s fallen a few pegs for his unwillingness to bow out.
I don’t say this to besmirch Silva, just an observation. Most Great warriors always go out on their shields. I just wish he went out with a roar and not a sidenote at 46 yrs old.

2 Likes

I disagree, as the years go by, I don’t think people will remember anything but the total dominance he showed as a champ.

1 Like

Legend.

anderson-silva-vitor-belfort

2 Likes

I always remember him saying he"wanted to do things that people had never seen before."

And he sure did that.

He’s a cheater. I’ll remember.

He is the king at being fake humble. His words say humble things, but his actions are that of a arrogant prick. Also steroid cheat.

I’m happy I got to watch him lose a bunch of fights on his way out though lol

1 Like

Why do you hate Anderson?

1 Like

I’m not the guy you asked, but I don’t hate Silva. For me his level of entitlement became really apparent after he lost the bisping fight and wouldn’t accept it, and that lowered my opinion of him.

I can’t wait for his boxing match with JCC

He seems like a likeable personality to me, apart from maybe a couple of things like his antics against Maia. But in a long, long mma career there’s always going to be incidents.

He did try to be honourable after those times though and seems to have the respect of most fighters, even him and Chael are friendly these days, he was on his podcast the other day.He must be a nice guy to forgive Chael for all his antics.

Besides his great heart and skills shown in fights, I remember his great humour and entertainment like dressing up and dancing as Michael Jackson in Pride. His training sessions with Steven Segal and then apparently using a front kick that he was “taught” in the video of said sessions.

2 Likes

redruM14 who are some of your favorite fighters, and go ahead and tell me they are 100% clean.