Losing interest in the gi

I trained in a gi for a good 5-6 years. For the past 4 years I've trained strictly no gi. I find myself having absolutely no desire to put on a gi again and roll. I've heard a lot of arguments about whether or not the gi makes your overall game better and I'm not really convinced one way or the other. I just know that I feel like I get better and more realistic training from no gi classes.

Cool Phone Post

"More realistic"? Phone Post 3.0

do you live in west hollywood or close to the beach?

i wear a rash guard and spats out all the time what are you trying to say?

MOAR REELISTIQUE Phone Post 3.0

BEEF & CHEESE - "More realistic"? Phone Post 3.0

He lives in a nudist colony.

PeterIrl -

This! Op does indeed practice Bjj in a nudist colony.....the closest thing his community has to a gi is an xl napkin on rib night. Phone Post 3.0

How do you say you are "losing" interest in the gi if you haven't trained in it in four years? Seems like you lost it a long time ago, bruh. :)

RogansHero - I trained in a gi for a good 5-6 years. For the past 4 years I've trained strictly no gi. I find myself having absolutely no desire to put on a gi again and roll. I've heard a lot of arguments about whether or not the gi makes your overall game better and I'm not really convinced one way or the other. I just know that I feel like I get better and more realistic training from no gi classes.
The Anaconda forum is right above this one. Don't let the door hit chu on the way out. Phone Post 3.0

In the utopian future where everyone wears skintight superhero outfits no gi will certainly be the way to go. WE MUST PREPARE!!!! Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WkmgQQhVSw

Eff those guys...

PeterIrl - 

this

What we back to this bullshit which is more realistic shit? Try wearing even just a karate gi to a bjj class and see how bad that fucker rips. Now imagine a flannel shirt. Who fuckin cares? Train Krav Maga Phone Post 3.0

Gi is fun, so is no gi . Phone Post 3.0

RogansHero - I trained in a gi for a good 5-6 years. For the past 4 years I've trained strictly no gi. I find myself having absolutely no desire to put on a gi again and roll. I've heard a lot of arguments about whether or not the gi makes your overall game better and I'm not really convinced one way or the other. I just know that I feel like I get better and more realistic training from no gi classes.

I'm with you man. Haven't worn the gi in almost a year and I don't miss it at all.

If people are only after realistic training- there really isnt a need to train past blue belt level skills.

It is highly unlikely you will ever face someone in a confrontation that knows any type of guard or submission defense.

So why waste time training with people that know good BJJ?