Lost respect for Machida

It's dishonorable of him to accept a belt he knows he doesn't deserve.

I'll call him and tell him in the morning.

He did what anyone would do in the situation. But damn, you're right, that belt belongs to Shogun.

Can't blame Machida. He can't award the belt to Shogun after the fight even if he thought it was right.

didn't see the fight yet but shouldn't blame the fighters for the judge's mistakes. Machida is a good guy and would have accepted any decision the judges made.

Maybe after he watches the fight he'll comment otherwise. Wait and see.

your internet respect < a pile shit 

imanari fan - It's dishonorable of him to accept a belt he knows he doesn't deserve.

well good thing that didn't happen because anyone who saw that fight saw that Machida landed the biggest blows and had the better flurries.

Rua had no offense except those leg kicks which he landed regularly, but also regularly got leveled with a right hand that the annoucers never seemed to mention.

sure the fight that Rogan and his partner was calling would have been onesided, but the actual fight was pretty much a draw with machida getting the better shots in.

Trolling requires subtlety, ProMagnus.

Lyoto is a liar and a thief.

ChokeEmOut -  The decision was so bad that you can't blame Machida for anything, Machida can go around saying he won but we all know its a fucking lie.

fight was close....machida won. bias ass commentators not withstanding.

Machida should have handed the belt to Shogun.

But then again, Machida was raising his hands in the air after the bell, so maybe he actually thought he won.

ProMagnus is correct, except that commentary can not be bias, but only biased, just like a person can not be prejudice, but only prejudiced. Adjectives are your friend.

One guy kicked, getting rocked a dozen times while doing so but not announced, and the other guy punched and kicked. You're not going to win the title low kicking, failing at every takedown, and not landing any punches.

lol machida did 2 things...

1. when asked if he thought he won - he avoided the question and said all 3 judges gave him the same score. he didn't lie... he alluded joe rogan.

2. he said he would give him a rematch anytime but what was telling is the way he said that he would try again... you only say that you'll try again if you fail at something (if at first you don't succeed... try, try, again) - this was a freudian slip and was not a translation issue.

figure four - lol machida did 2 things...

1. when asked if he thought he won - he avoided the question and said all 3 judges gave him the same score. he didn't lie... he alluded joe rogan.

2. he said he would give him a rematch anytime but what was telling is the way he said that he would try again... you only say that you'll try again if you fail at something (if at first you don't succeed... try, try, again) - this was a freudian slip and was not a translation issue.

"he alluded joe rogan"

How do you allude someone?

figure four - lol machida did 2 things...

This is ridiculous. He barely speaks English; can hardly phrase anything together and you are applying this logic.

GTFO of here.

Those who lost respect for Machida... Did you lose respect for Randy when Rizzo leg kicked him to death durng UFC 31 but the judges decided to give Randy the victory?

SOO72 - the guy had a translator moron... he decided to answer the question as he understood it... he did not answer joe rogan when asked if he won - he turned the spotlight on to the judges... so no - you GTFO

Name one instance where you would say you'd try again - GTFO

you can't blame Machida. he's obviously gotta go with the officials.

i think he knows the end result was very questionable and from his press conference comments he's prepared to give Shogun a re-match.

neither fighter looked very happy at the presser.

to me that's a sign that he is a champion and wants to prove it in a re-match.

if he pulls an "Anderson Silva".... actually, i'm gonna call it an "Ed Soares" and trys to hide behind the "he doesn't deserve a title shot" arguement ala Silva vs Marquart/Henderson, then i will lose ALL respect for Machida. and i have quite a bit for him right now cause he is a good fighter and seems like a classy human being.

the best way to shut-up all opposition and naysayers to Machida's win is to do it again. without the controversy and that's what i think he'll want to do.

StretchPlum -One guy kicked, getting rocked a dozen times while doing so but not announced, and the other guy punched and kicked. You're not going to win the title low kicking, failing at every takedown, and not landing any punches.

Like anybody can accurately analyze their own fight right afterwards. Stupid thread.

I like that Rampage did that with Ninja Rua.

When they gave him the decision and he thought Ninja won he apologized and tried to give Ninja the trophy.

Was quite admirable.