lovehandles

it seems like it easy for me to loose weight though i havent tried in a few years. even though i weighed 175 i still had a bit of a bicycle tire but i ate very unhealthy. my metabolism is still pretty high, i think with a proper and strict diet and with consistant workouts i can no doubt cut weight. i just want to loose the lovehandles.

i will try to get on one of those fat measurment scales this weekend. those are pretty reliable, right?

You could get calipers (bodyfat testers) but it doesn't really matter. You could estimate using waist/wrist measurements if your really looking for a number. That would just give you a better idea of how long it's gonna take to lose the weight. If you have a high metabolism, losing weight is no problem.

could you explain this wrist/waist measurment thing?

http://www.zoneperfect.com/Site/content/Calculator.asp

Fairly accurate for most people. Will definately work for your situation.

thanks again! i will post results about my bodyfat when i find out and go from there. i am guessing around 15-16% body fat. is that bad?

according to that site and the data i put into it, i am 15% body fat. is that bad? how realistic is it to get to single digits and is that healthy?

according to that site and the data i put into it, i am 15% body fat. is that bad? how realistic is it to get to single digits and is that healthy?it's not easy to get into single digits and stay there, but it's not incredibly difficult either. certainly the high single-digit BF% range is quite safe. I believe you'd have to get down below 5% for there to be any concerns.

15% is great, completely normal for athletes. If you get to 10%, people are usually pretty shredded (six pack). You can go as low as 7-8%, but under that it starts causing problems for some people. Main thing is to go by how you feel.

well, i feel like a fatso. i have never had yogurt before last night. i got some fat free custard style, it is pretty good. i will eat this when i feel like a snack. i had a cup of cottage cheese w/pineapples last night before i went to bed. i woke up kind of hungry but not too bad. no more cereal and fried food for me.

thanks for the info guys, i think you guys have really helped me out here. i will keep you posted on my results.

Ya, don't worry, you're in good shape. Nothing wrong with carrying around some body fat.

Check this site for comparison: http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/bodyfatpercentage.html

This is the suggested bodyfat range you should be in: 11-17%. Obese is 30% over your healthy bodyweight if I remember correctly.

You're totally normal and healthy.

well i dont know about normal, lol. thanks again sage.

Normal for athletes, not normal for sedentary 'people'.

ttt for when I get home.

"i have never had yogurt before last night. i got some fat free custard style"

Watch the sugar/calories in that yogurt...sometimes that fat free stuff if all sugar.