Luke Rockhold vs. Mike Perry, Eddie Alvarez vs. Chad Mendes booked for BKFC 41

1 Like

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship (BKFC) is beefing up its roster.

Former UFC middleweight champion Luke Rockhold will make his 185-pound debut against combat sports wild man Mike Perry at BKFC 41 on April 29 in Broomfield, Colorado, the same event that features the addition of former UFC lightweight titleholder Eddie Alvarez. “The Underground King” will throw hands with longtime UFC title contender-turned-bareknuckle boxer Chad Mendes at 165 pounds.

The fights were recently announced on a special edition of The MMA Hour.

Rockhold, 38, parted ways with UFC after a unanimous decision loss to Paulo Costa last August, his first MMA fight in over three years. The former champ was vocal about his displeasure with UFC and will get a chance to reinvent himself on the bareknuckle scene. The 31 year-old Perry, a former UFC welterweight, is 2-0 for BKFC with decision wins over TUF washout Julian “Bang Bro” Lane and Bellator MMA attraction Michael “Venom” Page.

Alvarez, 39, bolted from UFC in late 2018 but failed to find his footing under the ONE Championship banner. In four trips to the ONE cage, “The Underground King” scraped by with a measly 1-2 record and one “No Contest.” As for Mendes, 37, he also bailed on UFC in late 2018 but recently returned to combat sports with a technical knockout victory over gloveless toughie Joshuah Alvarez at BKFC: “KnuckleMania 2” back in Feb. 2022.

Expect more BKFC 41 fight announcements in the coming weeks, if not days.

Let’s see if the underground king will live up to his namesake

I fucking love these crazy fights.

9 Likes

Perry by KO, and Alvarez by putting on a full boxing clinic!

4 Likes

Rockhold in bare knuckle? He is not a great puncher and he has weak striking defense and his chin isn’t the best - bare knuckle isn’t the best sport for him. He must be getting paid well but I’d much rather see him in bellator

3 Likes

Rockhold should be doing grappling matches on flo instead of getting KOd by Mike Perry

8 Likes

Btw bare knuckle ppvs must be doing well? Who is backing or funding this org?

solid card and I would like to see this.

3 Likes

Really cringe thinking of Rockhold taking a nasty KO. But fun fights, will watch.

1 Like

I think Mike Perry blitzes him. INteresting fight!

1 Like

Will Watch

Just saw Houston Alexander is fighitng BKFC and is actually 3-0. Fuckin crazy to me.

His last fight was a KO of The Mexecutioner.

6 Likes

I think mendes and rockhold win.
Mendes easily.
Luke round 2

1 Like

Rounds are 2 minutes long. You really think Cuckold can beat Mike Perry in less than 4 mins? I have a feeling you don’t watch BKFC and haven’t seen any of Perry’s matches. He’s finna fuck Lukey Dukes up.

3 Likes

Just my opinion.

I like perry.

I just think the reach is going to make it difficult.

They launder money. Or that’s the story/ rumor. Which would make sense when you compare Ppv revenue and fighter pay.

damn that’s a card. not sure how they’re doing it. unless ^

1 Like