Lutter On Training Regime?

This is a Lutter quote...maybe that's why he did not make weight?

"I can't just train every day – I've got other interests and stuff like that and I'm focused for the fight, but I don't just want to sit in a camp doing nothing for 12 weeks. I'd rather stay here, train, when I'm out on the mat I'm training, and when I'm done, it's time to go do something else."

you think he might re think this?

It goes a long way to explaining why he's not and never will be a complete, top-tier fighter.

Eh, for all we know there could be a lot more fighters who have similar approaches to training, but simply maintain the veneer of bravado heavy claims to training hours upon hours every day.

I agree DragonWrath but maybe tha's why some fighters sometimes don't look to good or look like true pros and also it might be the reasone they never truly contend

well Cree I must say this annoys me but I am with you on this fight.....

Actually Nooooot... you said "I hope Rich"

You won't need to hope, I am convinced Rich will make him cradle.

Phew!! that was close, I almost agreed with you!

At least he's honest. To each their own, but from a self-marketing standpoint, I really wouldn't be saying stuff like that in interviews. Dana will love that. It's like your boss reading an interview with you where you say "I do some work and then sit around on the internet for the rest of the day and bullshit."

"It's like your boss reading an interview with you where you say "I do some work and then sit around on the internet for the rest of the day and bullshit." "

Oh fuck! I'd better not say that in an interview!

"but from a self-marketing standpoint" Exactly...not to mention he did not make weight for his biggest fight that he was headlining for a title shot?

"Oh fuck! I'd better not say that in an interview!"

haha me too!

LOL

LOL HAHA!

"You guys would be shocked at how laxed even top fighters get."

What does that have to do with this Travis Lutter thread?

Lutter is in the UFC and Im not. Acknowledging that, I still think that he lacks the "singularity of purpose" necessary to be successful consistently on that top level.

These guys like Frankling are getting up and doing hellacious workouts so that they dont crap out when the going gets tough in high profile matches.

You cant be doing a million different things, running schools, horsing around on motorcycles, taking dance lessons etc at the same time youre prepping for a fight.

Divide and be conquered imo.

BTW I started incorporating some super high rep stuff after seeing the results for Franklin and its the real deal. You can condition your body to such a degree where you'll have a huge advantage over the other guy.

There are not a lot of top tiered fighters who have a relaxed view of training.

That's really a rather ridiculous thing to claim.

Well, Chael Sonnen said that most fighters lie when they say they train 6 hours a day, as you can't recover from that workload.

http://www.wec.tv/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=10555

"Sonnen is able to juggle three different professions, he indicated, because he only trains a couple of hours each day. But so many pro fighters claim they train 6 to 8 hours a day. Sonnen, a six-year veteran, scoffed at the notion.

"There isn't anybody that trains six to eight hours a day. There's just a bunch of guys that lie and say they do," Sonnen said. "I do train twice a day every day. I do about an hour and 25 minutes at Team Quest everyday with the team and then about a 40-minute workout on my own. And those guys that lie about that aren't any good anyway. You're never going to find a top fighter claiming he's working out six to eight hours a day. It's going to be some guy who plays video games and sleeps all day and then just lies and says he's working out that much. That's just the truth.

"A human body can't train 6 to 8 hours a day. It's not possible. What would you possibly be doing for six to eight hours a day? What, are you going to jump rope for an hour, go spar for an hour, you going to lift for an hour, then you got to run for an hour? I mean, come on, it's just silly."

Not training 6 hours/day and not working hard are too different things.

ttt

there are other things to do like watch ufc vids that are related to fighting and count

donttazemebro - Not training 6 hours/day and not working hard are too different things.

100% truth.