Lyoto vs. Nakao K-1 / MMA

According to several Japanese sites, Ryoto "LYOTO" Machida, will face Yoshihiro Nakao in an MMA match for K-1. It was not stated if the match would take place on the 3/14 show in Niigata, or later on the May '04 K-1 event.

"Lyoto" is coming off a big KO victory over Rich Franklin on 12/31/03 Inoki Boom Bay Yea. His record is 3-0, with wins also over Kengo Watanabe and Stephan Bonner.

Yoshihiro Nakao is 1-0 in MMA. His debut fight was on the 12/31/03 K-1 "Dynamite" card, when he defeated Russian Judoka, and Olympic Medalist David Khakhaleichivili by TKO (punches).

Nakao is listed as a wrestler, although I presume that mean with Amatuer credentials. To my knowledge, he is not a Pro Wrestler / Puroresu entertainer.

Nakao will represent K-1, and LYOTO will be a member of "Inoki's Army".

Nakao was an All Japan national champion at -96k in amatuer wrestling.

TH

I don't remember him looking particularly good in his fight at Inoki Bom-Ba-Ye. I remember his opponent looking particularly bad.

I'll have to watch it again though

In that case, it sounds like a good match. Nakao had absolutely no problem taking down and hammering the crap out of Khakhaleichivili, the Olympic Judoka,who was much bigger.

Lyoto's not taking any easy fights.

Comparing their last two opponents I am assuming Lyoto is the favorite....hmmm ever think we may see Lyoto vs. Silva??

Lyoto, on the other hand, looked good in his fight :)

Thanks for the info, Celt.

TH

should be fun.

buddie

Lyoto may be the man to beat Silva. Not in 2004 however.

Lyoto vs. Nakao is official for 3/14/04 in Niigata.