Lytes Out Podcast with Tony Galindo (More Lion's Den Lore)

Raved about Tiger , Never knew he was so revered

2 Likes

Just finished
That guy is out of his mind

4 Likes

Up Simba,up big cat.

Gunther Gebel Williams

Now you need a Nap

Anyone got pics of the hot German KOTC ring girl he was seeing that was brought up a bit?

2 Likes

TTT

1 Like

Ute Werner

I called Mike

3 Likes

Shes killa

1 Like

Has Ken ever talked about the cycles he has used the past few decades? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him out of shape. He has been lean and very muscular since 1987 lol

1 Like

Lol…he was just on DJvlad and said he only used when he was trying to recover from injury.

The fuck kind of name is Ute?

I wonder if she played in the Lingerie Football League with Chuck Liddell’s old squeeze Willa Ford?

3 Likes

Crowbar with the save

Willa Ford Chuck’s old squeeze.

2 Likes

Awesome work as always guys. I could listen to old school MMA stories all day.

This along with the Scott Bazac (sp?) interview were really eye opening about Ken and the Lion’s Den. With how they trained and everything they were doing outside of training/fighting, it’s no wonder that camp faded away. It really feels like a lost potential story.

Anyway, thanks for all you guys do to preserve the history of the sport. These stories need to be told.

6 Likes

Dude was on an old KOTC knock out vid i bought from an autozone in Mississippi. He had power but also appeared to have roid rage.

2 Likes

I highly recommend this book then.
It’s by far the best and most eye-opening of the 3 Shamrock books.
Shammy was right on the edge for a lot of years.
Pretty wild stuff.

5 Likes

It makes you think again about the whole “Petey my heart…” scare in the Fujita fight and just what all happened to cause it or worse could have happened. His life through Pancrase and early UFCs to attitude era WWF was a wild ride.

2 Likes

Did he shit on Bessac in that book?

don frye took kens blood pressure after that match and said something was very wrong

listened to ththis 'cast while trying to fall asleep so may have missed some stuff
did he mention buying the lions den name from ken?

He talked about some of the differences between the Lions Den gyms like training at the Southern California gym vs Guy Mezgers gym in Texas I think. But don’t remember anything specifically on buying a name. I could’ve missed something too.