machida choked cold (gif)

Pro Ice -  Great job on all the quality gifs unfilter!

thanks bud!

Sick fights! Great card IMO Phone Post

Sick fight! Thanks for the gifs... Phone Post

Attila - 
mghan44 - 
Attila - Lyoto JUST missed landing his own punch right there that would have put Jones on his ass. Fight really could have gone either way. I hope Machida can work his way back up to a rematch.

Why do people always brings up shit that could have happened but didn't?

During the fight Goldberg mentioned that a Machida punch missed by an inch and Rogan said something to the effect of "He can miss by an inch or a mile, it's the same thing".

People use the fact that Machida THREW A PUNCH THAT DID NOT CONNECT to try to convince themselves that Jones isn't as good as people make him out to be.

Jones and Machida both threw big punches and guess what? Jones' punch landed and knocked Machida on his ass, Machida's didn't do a damn thing.

I love Machida, he is my second favorite fighter at LHW, but he was never close to winning the fight. He won the first round by a slim margin when Jones was playing Machida's game. Jones went out in the second round and adjusted and dominated just like he has against everyone else.

Why bring it up? Because the punch was a couple milliseconds behind landing right on Jones' chin and that tells me Machida had a decent chance at winning the fight; it just didn't go his way. MMA involves a lot of randomness and it's interesting to see that play out right in front of you. If you don't find it useful or insightful to think in those terms then don't bother... Some people do.
Watch that punch that Machida was throwing and see that Jones was BLOCKING it the entire way and it was never going to land flush. So your theory of it was miliseconds away from landing on Jones chin is fiction.

Am I wrong or is the punch Jones tagged Machida with similar to the one Shogun did?

Jaybrone -
Attila -
mghan44 -
Attila - Lyoto JUST missed landing his own punch right there that would have put Jones on his ass. Fight really could have gone either way. I hope Machida can work his way back up to a rematch.

Why do people always brings up shit that could have happened but didn't?

During the fight Goldberg mentioned that a Machida punch missed by an inch and Rogan said something to the effect of "He can miss by an inch or a mile, it's the same thing".

People use the fact that Machida THREW A PUNCH THAT DID NOT CONNECT to try to convince themselves that Jones isn't as good as people make him out to be.

Jones and Machida both threw big punches and guess what? Jones' punch landed and knocked Machida on his ass, Machida's didn't do a damn thing.

I love Machida, he is my second favorite fighter at LHW, but he was never close to winning the fight. He won the first round by a slim margin when Jones was playing Machida's game. Jones went out in the second round and adjusted and dominated just like he has against everyone else.

Why bring it up? Because the punch was a couple milliseconds behind landing right on Jones' chin and that tells me Machida had a decent chance at winning the fight; it just didn't go his way. MMA involves a lot of randomness and it's interesting to see that play out right in front of you. If you don't find it useful or insightful to think in those terms then don't bother... Some people do.
Watch that punch that Machida was throwing and see that Jones was BLOCKING it the entire way and it was never going to land flush. So your theory of it was miliseconds away from landing on Jones chin is fiction.

The punch was slicing through Jones' hand like butter. Jones' punch landed just before Machida's and that was the end of it. That scenario happens a lot in MMA.

I didn't notice it before, but Jones did exactly what his corner told him do and damn KOd Lyoto with that shot.

After the first, his corner said that Machida keying off the leg kick with a straight left. They said fake the kick and throw a punch. Jones asked left or right, I guess it was Winklejohn who said, it doesn't matter. Jones didn't fake a leg kick until that punch.

Watch the gif, he fakes the leg kick and brings the hammer. Awesome job. Phone Post

Fly Rodder -  I didn't notice it before, but Jones did exactly what his corner told him do and damn KOd Lyoto with that shot.

After the first, his corner said that Machida keying off the leg kick with a straight left. They said fake the kick and throw a punch. Jones asked left or right, I guess it was Winklejohn who said, it doesn't matter. Jones didn't fake a leg kick until that punch.

Watch the gif, he fakes the leg kick and brings the hammer. Awesome job. Phone Post
i think there was a pretty good write up about this on BE.  a lot is said about jones' physical advantages but he's a pretty cerebral fighter in addition to his freak genetic attributes.