Machida: "Shogun my toughest fight in the UFC"??

Anyone else felt that Machida should have been a lot more realistic and call it the toughest fight of his life instead of just his UFC career?

I mean did he have a harder time with Greco or BJ? Don't think so, after all he won those fights...

obviously it was. What I am saying is that IMO he should have given Shogun his due props and should have called it as it really was: the toughest fight of his life...

Many fighters consider their first fight the toughest fight.

THP - Many fighters consider their first fight the toughest fight.

so Kengo Watanabe was a tougher fight in Machida's mind? :)

Giorgos - so Kengo Watanabe was a tougher fight in Machida's mind? :)

Maybe it was.  I think Lyoto probably knows how he feels better than anyone on this board knows how he feels

That's really beginning to split hairs there.

bj penn

Seriously.. was there a need to make a thread about such a stupid thing?

^Welcome to the UG.

well yes, your only loss would probably to be your toughest fight.

jeez guyz cut me some slack. was home and eally bored.

:P

SlapUsilly - Seriously.. was there a need to make a thread about such a stupid thing?

LOL, whining about trivial crap like that is the name of the game in all forums!

SlapUsilly - Seriously.. was there a need to make a thread about such a stupid thing?

however, I thought that by him not saying it was his toughest fight yet period was a bit disrespectful. It was the least he could have done, if not even deny his victory. He himself was surprised to have gotten the W...

K-Dub-"T" -  It was his toughest fight in the UFC.

yes, because he LOST!

Machida beat Shogun fair and square!

Kocksuckio - Machida beat Shogun fair and square!

you see the more I watch the fight (3 times so far) the more I think it wasn't such a huge robbery. Rounds 2 and 3 are Machida, while rounds 4 and 5 are shogun.

Problem is round 1...and I am leaning more towards that being a draw (rather than scoring it for Shogun), thus, the whole fight being a draw, so either way no robbery.

In any case, Machida came out of the fight having received the most damage of the two.

P.S: and it was the toughest fight of his LIFE god dammit!

Is there a quote about Machida's favourite color?

Wasa-B - Is there a quote about Machida's favourite color?

bright yellow? :P

Greco blasted his leg too, and had him on his back.

BJ was an all around tough fight and he was totally gassed by the end.

I could understand if he thinks one or both were tougher.