Machida vs. wiedman

Regardless of outcome of silva vs wiedman. If silva wins machida can fight for #1 contender with wiedman and if wiedman wins give machida a crack at the belt. I'm sure if silva losses again he won't be interested in the 185 strap, maybe they'll be other interesting fights for him at LHW or MW Phone Post 3.0

I agree, I said this on a different thread.

I truly believe machida will handle Weidman.

Anderson's main weakness is takedown defense, Machida not so much. Phone Post 3.0

Bring it on, says this Weidman fan. Phone Post 3.0

Ray Cappa - Bring it on, says this Weidman fan. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0

Middleweight Machiders lookin scurry. Phone Post 3.0

I like Weidman. If he gets past Andrrson, I think Machida beats him. Machida has to be aggressive. When he gets conservative and point fights, he's not as effective. Phone Post 3.0

HBwrestler - I agree, I said this on a different thread.

Anderson's main weakness is takedown defense, Machida not so much. Phone Post 3.0

Rogan said during the Silva-Bonnar fight that Silva had the 2nd highest tdd in mw history. ... Phone Post

UGCTT_Nightkap - 

Rogan said during the Silva-Bonnar fight that Silva had the 2nd highest tdd in mw history. ... Phone Post

That is because Chael was the only guy he fought with great takedowns at the point and his standup is so dominate it forces below average wrestlers to try and take him down at all costs.

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
UGCTT_Nightkap - 

That is because Chael was the only guy he fought with great takedowns at the point and his standup is so dominate it forces below average wrestlers to try and take him down at all costs.
Hmmm....good point. But stats don't lie right? :-p Phone Post 3.0

Oh, and his 2nd place TDD was behind none other than Brad Tavares iirc... Phone Post 3.0

Machida's hybrid karate stance would make it much easier for a wrestler like Weidman to successfully shoot for TDs. So the questions become, how does Lyoto alter his stance or technique to compensate? How will Chris setup his TDs effectively, by using kicks, feints, etc. or does he push Lyoto to the cage first?

Basically, this could go either way as there are so many variables so I'll be boring and state the obvious: I think either can win this, it'll come down to the fighter with the better game plan.

Machida would mop the floor with Wideman

He's stronger and faster than him. Has better strikes and has better tdd than Silva.

Only huge wrestlers and shogun give machida trouble. Even then imo he beat rampage and Davis Phone Post