Machida Was Biggest Threat To Jones At 205

If anyone was currently going to beat Jones it was Machida. Granted anything can happen in MMA, but Lyoto was the guy that had the best chance at beating Jones. We might be in for the Jon Jones dynasty. The only guy I can see beating Jones 6 out of 10 is Anderson but he might be too old at this point.

Agreed. Machida had the perfect counter style and speed to capitalize on the holes Jones presents with various moves. I don't see anyone beating him for quite a while...including Rashad. He needs to just wear a shirt that says NEXT! on it. The guy is a beast and as new to MMA as he is that is a scary, scary thought.

anything can happen in MMA though. I thought Homnick was gonna outspeed Korean Zombie and he lasted about 7 seconds.

I think Rashad has a small chance to beat Jones. Hendo has the power to put Jones away but don't think he'll land the H-Bomb. I think Lyoto and then Shogun are still the most likely to beat Jones but unfortunately both guys have lost to him

Completely agree. The only fighters who might have a chance are Silva, JDS and Cain.

I am sorry but Rashad has the best style to deal with Jones, as long as he uses it correctly.

Rashad has better head movement then Loyto, and if he comes forward pressuring with combinations and using head movement he will be able to catch Jones all day.

Then Rashads wrestling ability will allow him to keep it standing from there, on the ground it's a toss up to me.

However, I feel as if Rashad performs at his best then he will take the fight.

IMO, the only man in the UFC that can beat Jones at any weight is Dos Santos. It would be silly at this point, but hopefully in a couple years if both keep winning.

Machida was doing good up until he got taken down. After that he just went downhill. Phone Post

JerodR -  He needs to just wear a shirt that says NEXT! on it. The guy is a beast and as new to MMA as he is that is a scary, scary thought.

^

If we're talking other weight classes I think JDS could beat him and I'd favor JDS. If the fight happens now, I think Anderson could beat Jones. If the fight happens a year from now I think Jones takes it unless Anderson goes heavy on the TRT plan.

"Rashad has better head movement then Loyto"

KTFO by Lyoto, dropped by Rampage, dropped multiple times by Thiago, outstruck for two rounds by Forrest Griffin....meanwhile Lyoto was the least-hit guy in UFC history or something like that.

"
Then Rashads wrestling ability will allow him to keep it standing from there"

Rashad was taken down by Michael Bisping, and was outwrestled handily by Sean Salmon and (in the first fight) Tito.

Phil Davis could pose some threats once he evolves a bit more. His wrestling is as good if not better and hes a big mfer like Jones too with a big reach. I don't think his striking is as good but hes strong as fuck and Jones could face some serious problems if Davis got a hold of him.

orcus -  "<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">Rashad has better head movement then Loyto"

KTFO by Lyoto, dropped by Rampage, dropped multiple times by Thiago, outstruck for two rounds by Forrest Griffin....meanwhile Lyoto was the least-hit guy in UFC history or something like that.

"</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">Then Rashads wrestling ability will allow him to keep it standing from there"

Rashad was taken down by Michael Bisping, and was outwrestled handily by Sean Salmon and (in the first fight) Tito.<br type="_moz" /></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; "><br type="_moz" /></span>

Rashad fought Bisping 4 years ago...You forget how drastically he's improved over the years.

Ummm Dan Henderson children is the biggest threat Phone Post

UKTTs Pet Koala - Phil Davis could pose some threats once he evolves a bit more. His wrestling is as good if not better and hes a big mfer like Jones too with a big reach. I don't think his striking is as good but hes strong as fuck and Jones could face some serious problems if Davis got a hold of him.

Davis isn't explosive enough to even have a chance at taking Jones down. I like Phil but he'd easily get tooled by Jones.

orcus -  "<span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">Rashad has better head movement then Loyto"

"</span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; ">Then Rashads wrestling ability will allow him to keep it standing from there"

Rashad was taken down by Michael Bisping, and was outwrestled handily by Sean Salmon and (in the first fight) Tito.<br type="_moz" /></span><span class="Apple-style-span" style="line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: small; "><br type="_moz" /></span>

How does Rashad getting caught have any effect on him having better head movement then Machida? You know what head movement is right?
It's apparent, have you seen Machida's fights against Shogun?

Second of all looking up fights from 2005 to try and use as some basis of reasoning, is foolish.

Styles make fights. And Rashad has the style to take Jones out, as long as he can execute its a done deal.