Machida's Upcoming Book! (PICS)

I think you guys are gonna sell less books releasing all these books at the same time.

Machida's use of angles, distance and timing are all very JKA oriented.Definitely not aspects that are unique to Karate but certainly are emphasized.

He's obviously crosstrained a ton to add depth to his overall skill set but he definately uses karate rhythm and footwork to set up his stand up striking.

The most impressive thing about Machida is how little he gets hit.He doesn't just wade in and decimate guys in the pocket but surgically dissects opponents.

Perhaps not the most entertaining style to watch for the layman, but very impressive from a tactical/technical stand point.

Congrats to Lyoto on his big win over Tito... can't wait to get this book out :)

TTT

Any word on when Shinzo is fighting state side?

Intemaresting TTT

"Guys like Machida, Anderson Silva and Cung Le, Karo, etc... are changing what we thought we knew about MMA. Judo style throws, spinning back kicks, side kicks and other forgotten or disregarded techniques are slowly becoming more common."

Let's give credit where credit is due...

Shonie Carter revived the spinning backfist and side kick....

Maurice Smith and later CroCop revived the high kicking...

Loiseau and a few others have brought out the spinning back kick...

And some lesser known guys were doing that stuff in MMA 10-12 years ago...... ;)

Life is a wheel, everything repeats itself. As more players get comfortable in certain ranges with certain techniques the ones that push the envelope and bring in new or foreign techniques will be more successful.

Throughout history the entire point of martial arts has been to know something that the opponent does not know. When everyone is playing the same game it comes down to a contest of individual athleticism, strength, speed and endurance. Fighters like the above mentioned fighters are putting the "martial arts" back into Mixed Martial Arts. It's a return to innocence. And some people predicted it 15 years ago....

Attn. all 205lbs... study this...

I'm not sure if those photos above are random samplings or are meant to be in sequence but photos #1 and #2 show how Machida got that knock-down against Rashad. He did the same thing, i.e. enter with the kick and follow up with the punch.

ttt

This book just become a necessary read if you are a LHW in the UFC. :)

My Machida DVD set should be here this week, but I'm still picking up the book. Any info on a release?