Maia and Santiago to clash at UFC 136

The UFC 136 card has gotten another exciting fight, as middleweights Demian Maia and Jorge Santiago will square off on the event, which comes to the Toyota Center in Houston, Texas, on October 8.

Maia took to Twitter to reveal the fight, and his comment was then re-tweeted by the UFC, essentially confirming the matchup.

It will mark Santiago's second fight in the organization since returning from a four year stint on the Japanese scene. In his first fight back, he was defeated by Brian Stann by TKO at UFC 130 in May. The loss was only his second since 2006.

Maia, meanwhile, will look to bounce back from a questionable decision loss to Mark Munoz at UFC 131 last month. Maia surprised everyone by out-striking Munoz in the first round and employing an unexpected gameplan. He was out-muscled by Munoz in the second, but then appeared to do more overall in the third. However, Munoz was given the decision by the judges, and the loss was just his third in eleven fights in the UFC.

Great matchup IMO! Phone Post

Maia by sub. Phone Post

Maia by KO Phone Post

Yikes, Maia by whatever he wants, whenever he wants. 

how is jorge still in the UFC

Lots of Maia love here. I actually think this is a very winnable fight for Jorge.

Whoever wins, I expect an excellent fight. Phone Post

If wand wont retire i think ge should fight santiago Phone Post

Does Maia still train with wand? Phone Post

Marcus_Aurelius - Does Maia still train with wand? Phone Post

I don't think so, but don't quote me on it. Phone Post

Fuck 136. BJ vs Condit, Lauzon vs Guillard, and now this fight. All awesome, but it's all my favorite fighters fighting each other. They'll all be amazing fights though. Phone Post