Man that beat Adesanya twice in kickboxing, Alex Pereira, signs with UFC

Do you guys think Pereira can eventually make it up the middleweight ranks to get another crack at Adesanya?

Isn’t he green in MMA? Seems like unless he’s given favorable matchups, he’s not likely to get to Adesanya’s level in MMA for years.

Might get matched up against guys like Holland, Gastelum and Uriah, then Costa if he makes it that far.

Dude is 34 years old and has 4 MMA fights. Even if the rush him along and he fights 2 “easy” fights then someone ranked around #15, we’re still looking at 2-3 years before he’s fighting a guy like Izzy. Israel was pushed incredibly hard, and some felt he was rushed into a title fight, and it was still like his 7th UFC fight.

Even guys like Conor that got a crazy push still went 5-0 in the UFC before getting a title shot. I think expecting any 34 year old dude with 4 MMA fights to come in and go 5-0 is a tough ask.

I think the best they can hope for is him going 3-0 quickly, looking great and talking shit about Izzy, then him getting thrown in as a last minute replacement the way Pat Cummings was against DC. Highly unlikely, and I doubt this dude has time to show his potential in MMA. 34 is old for a MW.

4 Likes

Didn’t pat get the DC fight by posting on the UG calling him out?

1 Like

This has potential to be awesome.