Manager: UFC has a big chance to sign Fedor

fightcity - I see little chance UFC will sign him unless they want to open up Russia. He is just not that well known in the US and therefore UFC will not offer him what Fedor and Vadim think he is worth. They would have to do a ton of promotion on him and that is assuming he can hang with current heavy weights, among them the current champ whom already has a win over him. Its a big risk for them.

Sorry to be the wet blanket... ;)

Well you've got half of the UFC heavies already opening themselves to fight him, calling him a legend. UFC already owns most of his fight footage. He's hardly unpromotable. He's as well known in the US as any other current UFC HW. He headlined two US PPV's good for 100k buys each without the UFC promoting it.

bonersaurus -
disbeliever - I'm so done even hoping. Until it happens, it's all talk.
Yup, I think it's more along the lines of "UFC has a chance to get us big money from Bellator." Phone Post 3.0
Truth. It's a tactical ploy. They know UFC is the one that will make Bellator's offer higher. Phone Post 3.0

TopGrinder - Zero hope at all for ufc. If it happens then I will get excited. Till he actually signs somewhere I believe nothing I read regarding fedor Phone Post 3.0

this is the best approach. But I wont get excited either way

Listening to his manager on Ariel's show live right now.

I didn't know Fedor's father died, and that was a big part of him needing a break from MMA

someone ttt my Fedor will come out of retirement and fight Brock from about a year ago

I'm gutted he's coming back tbh, massive fan of his, and really don't see any benefit of him coming back apart from money....he's well past prime unfortunately.

12SixElbow - 

I didn't know Fedor's father died, and that was a big part of him needing a break from MMA

I tell people in my lifetime, the two greatest athletes I got the privilage to watch, are Fedor and Michael Jordan.

I just realized both of them retired temporarily from fighting after their dad's died.

D241 - 
12SixElbow - 

I tell people in my lifetime, the two greatest athletes I got the privilage to watch, are Fedor and Michael Jordan.

I just realized both of them retired temporarily from fighting after their dad's died.

Wild, but I can imagine becoming that great at anything your dad was probably a huge influence.

fightcity - I see little chance UFC will sign him unless they want to open up Russia. He is just not that well known in the US and therefore UFC will not offer him what Fedor and Vadim think he is worth. They would have to do a ton of promotion on him and that is assuming he can hang with current heavy weights, among them the current champ whom already has a win over him. Its a big risk for them.

Sorry to be the wet blanket... ;)
You should look at the ratings his shows got over here before talking out of your ass Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow - 
D241 - 
12SixElbow - 

Wild, but I can imagine becoming that great at anything your dad was probably a huge influence.

He(my dad) was.  Fedor never would have had the career he had without my dad being a huge influence.

Harrie Nak - I hope he doesn't go there. Dana only wants him so that he can put him up against e.g. Cain so that he can shout afterwards about how he always said how much of a can Fedor has been and that only the best fight in the UFC.

Cain is the #2 HW on Earth. There's no chance Fedor steps in that high in the rankings.

He needs to be smart and fight at LHW.

I would love to UFC USSR! With M1 only seating 3000, is there no larger venue? There are a ton of marketable fights in that region. UFC opening up would be a huge milestone. If there is no larger venue, then a Fedor comeback accompanied by the other possible fights on the card could very well help finance one and return the investment by growing the brand

Is Vadim still his manager?

I saw Touch say he's no longer with M-1/Vadim, and Raimondi posted an article on mmafighting where he said: "Finkelchtein is not currently Emelianenko's manager, but he said he still does advise him. As far as he is aware, Emelianenko has not gotten an offer from the UFC as of yet."

So this is getting confusing. Article after article where it states Vadim is still Fedor's manager. What's the scoop on Fedor Vadim current status, Friends or still Manager/client?

Bellator needs him and he'll fight easier comp Phone Post 3.0

I'm trying to give any fucks...but...so...hard.... #seniortour #zzzzzz #yeahihashtagged #yeahimalildrunk Phone Post 3.0

mastertahj - I'm trying to give any fucks...but...so...hard.... #seniortour #zzzzzz #yeahihashtagged #yeahimalildrunk Phone Post 3.0

Yeah because the UFC HW's are SO much younger than him!

if i were dana, i wouldn't sign him. 5 years ago, sign him for sure but fedor wouldn't beat anyone in the top 5 in the ufc imo. I was the biggest fedor fan, defended him non stop against the haters but the fact is he never evolved his game. He came with the same techniques and the mma game surpassed him

Russian warbird reeboks.. Phone Post 3.0

GodSaveTheReem - The UFC will low-ball the shit out of them. He is older and slower, not worth anything near what he used to be. Could he have some late career magic like Andre? possible, but not likely.
I think it would be better for Fedor's image if he just gracefully retires instead of losing his last several fights.
. Phone Post 3.0