manitobad commission

garbage

the commission has done an injustice to the fans, competitors and promoters! suspending multiple fighters a week away from the event with poor reasoning! i am talking about a UCW event that is scheduled to take place april 11th in winnipeg. They have caused a large disruption in the training pattern in many competitors who had the BALLS to step up and fight in their arena! unfortunatley, for many of us their reasoning for suspension is poor and lacks any substance! a reason for suspension should be justified and not at the price of the athlete, fan and promoter.

the commission seems to be out on a war path lately, at the expense of the people involved in the sport! from my understanding there was to be a "caged colosseum" event full off high quality competiton now delayed on the PETTY behalf of the manitoba boxing commission! it seems as though they are more interested in obtaining a sense of power over the multiple sports involved rather than being a respectable organization. They have, in my opinion, managed to mangle what was to be two very entertaining cards in the months of april and may. How is a sport supposed to obtain and maintain respectability when there is a commission who's main interest is themself and not that of the sport?
maybe i'm biased because they caused my match (one week away) to be cancelled, but this theme seems to be re-occuring in the province!

What happened? Is the UCW card still a go?

I hope so, I have two fighters who are supposed to be fighting on that card next weekend.

Krzysztof is looking for four last minute replacements if that's any indicator. I hope it still goes on.

it's still on.

From what I've heard it had to do with some local guys fighting on unsanctioned shows.    Definately a bullshit move doing it this close to the date of the show.  Hopefully Krzysztof can get some last minute replacements in time.

Hello everyone, yes it has been hell these last few days as 3 local fighters have been suspended by the commission 10 days before our show, as well as 2 fighters are injured, I have been very busy trying to fill up spots, still looking for a green 170lbs and an experianced 185er, if anyone has someone in mind, let me know asap and we wil do our best to match them up, my email is krzyssos@hotmail.com or krzysztof@ultimatecagewars.com

Thnak you all for your time,

Krzysztof

bigjabroni, we were told it was sanctioned.. so no, it was not a bullshit move. and it was in february so not close to the date of the show... just to clarify

If you are refering to the UMC shows, they are sanctioned under the Saskatchewan Martial Arts Association, which is under Sask Sport, which makes the shows provincially sanctioned.

Do I have that right Sask. guys?

I should clarify as well.  When I said it was a bullshit move, I was referring to the Mb Boxing Commission's decision to suspend the guys this close to the date of the show.  I definately don't fault the fighters or UCW in this.

YES IVE HEARD THE SAME THING ABOUT THE UNSANCTIONED SHOW. I WAS AT THEIR FIRST ONE AND WAS TOLD BY THE PROMOTERS AS WELL AS MY CONTACT WHO WORKED FOR THEM THAT THE SHOW WAS SANCTIONED AND 100% LEGIT. APPARENTLY NONE OF THESE PEOPLE WORK WITH THE EVENT ANYMORE!

IM SORRY YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS KRYS! I HOPE ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU!

P

The people that originally worked on the Iroquois MMA promotion have moved on and are working on another initiative that is going well from what I hear. They have some top notch support and a financial backer who is ensuring all of the "t's" are crossed and the "i's" are dotted before they dive into an event.

They are going through the proper channels so we'll see what happens by year's end.

I for one hope things work out and sanctioned MMA happens in Ontario. My car can only take so many trips to Quebec.

LOL YOUR CAR EH...MY CARS AND VANS HAVE CURSED ME SINCE 95!!! :)
IM ESPECIALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO MMA BEING LEGAL IN ONTARIO

CHEERS!

P