marc dion... what is the real story

in regards to brandon vera and kj noons?

everyone always says marc dion is a terrible representative. however, years before i ever heard marc dion's name, brandon vera was vocal and taking a stand about being taken advantage of. he didn't want to do the tuf show because he was better than that. brilliant move that was. some may remember brandon vera was very righteous before he ever fought on a big stage. it was like he was holding out of mma. this went on for a long time. brandon vera had this attitude long before he ever tried to test the free market after his initial ufc run.

when that didn't pan out all of a sudden marc dion (this was the first time i ever heard his name) was behind all of this, full of lies and responsible for everything and becames brandon's scapegoat to get back in the ufc.

then "the CSAC has cleared City Boxing owner Mark Dion of any wrong-doing in his dispute with UFC heavyweight Brandon Vera. The CSAC rendered the judgement on March 7.

As many readers may remember, Vera and Dion (who was Vera's manager at the time) were engaged in a dispute in early 2007 that centered around a new contract with the UFC. Vera made a number of public accusations implicating Dion in his failure to re-sign with the promotion while Dion remained mum. In the meantime, months passed with Vera inactive in the Octagon. Finally, Vera and Dion parted company, Vera re-signed with the UFC, and he subsequently lost to Tim Sylvia late in 2007.

However, this arbirtration hearing has loomed over the two for months. And, according to the evidence presented on CityBoxing.com, it now appears Dion was not guilty of all the trespasses of which Vera has accused him." (courtesy of fightlinker)

now everyone is blaming dion for kj noons, a guy so full of himself he actually thinks he is a top rated boxer.

i feel sorry for dion for aligning himself with these douches and getting a bad rap.

if anyone can counter this i am open to it. however, many of the noobs won't remember, but it cannot be denied. brandon vera's foray into mma's big stage was at least a two year long debacle of him not even participating on big stage because he was too good to make his way up through the ranks the old fashioned way.

"marc dion... what is the real story"

Depends on who you ask.

hes a fucking loser

/end

"i feel sorry for dion for aligning himself with these douches and getting a bad rap."

BWAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA!!

shiloh, as a longtime forum reader your opinion is one i generally respect. share with us the scoop on dion. how is he worse than kj or brandon? moreover what is the magic spell he held over vera and holds over noons?

magic spell = contract

dion is a snake, virtually everybody who has trained at city boxing will concur (if they arent still there)

It's not just Vera. Almost everybody left City Boxing.

psilocyborg, you had to be there to know.

Mike Fowler - psilocyborg, you had to be there to know.

Hi Mike :)

still nothing concrete. my point is that vera and, recently, noons talk about not being respected and taking a stand. vera was vocal about not being compensated when he was shopping around. coupled with his prior stances, i'm not convinced he was unaware of what the ufc was offering at the time. noons is not indicating he is a puppet on a string. if dion is of a similar belief and advising them to some degree, they seem to be three peas of the same pod.

it appears those in the know are apprehensive about providing any real kind of insight as to how dion is so deplorable.

opens popcorn, hits refresh

I will readily admit I or most fans do not know the full details, but the only fact that is undeniable is that Dion has had two very high-profile situations that have made him and his fighters look very bad.

It kept Vera out of action for almost a year and killed his momentum, and it's now gotten KJ stripped of his belt and he will miss an opportunity to defend his belt on national TV against one of the more popular fighters in MMA.

The results don't lie.

Marc Dion...what is the real story?

Hi Mark.

thanks for the links k-dub-t

"I will readily admit I or most fans do not know the full details, but the only fact that is undeniable is that Dion has had two very high-profile situations that have made him and his fighters look very bad.

It kept Vera out of action for almost a year and killed his momentum, and it's now gotten KJ stripped of his belt and he will miss an opportunity to defend his belt on national TV against one of the more popular fighters in MMA.

The results don't lie." -sandy panties

perhaps, but i don't recall hearing mark dion saying anything. vera and noons always have a bunch of stuff to say about how they are being mistreated.

"Hi Mark" -sd cartel

if mark is in fact on this thread i'd like to hear what he has to say, since no one else in the know will.

the guy has been dogged for so long now without any visible substance, and the guys he is accused of misrepresenting are or were some of the most vocal guys about being mistreated.

ttt

ttt